Any firearms enthusiasts here?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

By "active" do you mean do I shoot them? With the exception of the Tanfoglio Witness pistol which I regularly go to the range to shoot, not in a while. The saddest example is this. I received the Ruger Number 1 Standard in .338 Winchester Magnum as a gift from my brother about five years ago. I have still never shot the gun. Mine differs from the one below in that I have a nice Leupold scope on it. It's a really nice big game hunting rifle.

24H.gif

Before moving back to the Bay Area from Sacramento three years ago, I would go jackrabbit hunting at least twice a month with the Marlin .22 Magnum rifle or the Remington 870 12ga. shotgun. I really miss those days. They were monstrously large jackrabbits too. I remember taking my brother with me once. He saw a jackrabit about 150 yards away as it moved across a little hill and thought it was a small dog.

Medvedya said:
Yeah, how was the holiday?
Thanks for asking Med and Fly not the best I've had but sure beats the crap out of working. :D
I don't know what it is but I always found US ammo had a bit more zip than its European equivalent. Have any of you guys had the same experience ?

Im sure you was Skim me old mate
Changing the subject completle do you remember the post about modern torpedos power I have just finished a book about Taranto and I have discovered that the torps used there had duplex Pistol ingniters so if they failed to detonate by the usual contact and passed below the keel a magnetic pistol allowed them to exploded underneath the ship. I always thought the these where a fairly new idea.

Aparently because the outer habour(Mar Grande) was only 30 feet deep one was dropped from a bit too high and buried itself in the mud by the Littorio frog men recovered it intacted so the secrets of torps fell into the axis hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back