Any photo requests?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Karl and I, plus three other friends, are making another visit to the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington on Thursday of next week.
If anyone wants any specific photos or details photos of the aircraft, vehicles, buildings, weapons and other exhibits, then please let me know, via PM or e-mail, by Wednesday of next week at the latest, and I'll try to accommodate your requests.

Yep, he mentioned that! Not much 'detail' to see of it, as it's got the cockpit canopy blacked out, no engines, and rather sad-looking, but at least it's out in the open.
Here it is from the 'wet' visit!

Attachments

• Elvington 283.jpg
    Elvington 283.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 85
We'll wait until no one is watching - then hop over the rope!
I want to get some details shots of the Mirage landing gear and tail pipe too, plus some other stuff. When I enquired by e-mail before our last visit, asking for access to the Tornado wheel bays etc, I got a polite 'No' - all to do with Health and Safety risks etc.
Shame, as most other museums, including RAFM Cosford, go out of their way to help, whenever possible.
We need to get down to Gloucester(?), where that pristine Javelin is, the one used by Airfix as the pattern for their 1/48th scale kit, and back to Midland Air Museum, to see their Javelin - and get to play in the Hind, Harrier, Meteor, Vulcan and whatever else they open up for us next time!!

Last edited:
We'll get some Chris. The members going are Me, Karl, and Max (who only 'pops in' now and then), plus Max's wife, and my mate Mick and, with a bit of luck, my older brother.

Yep, he mentioned that! Not much 'detail' to see of it, as it's got the cockpit canopy blacked out, no engines, and rather sad-looking, but at least it's out in the open.
Here it is from the 'wet' visit!

I thought those reflections were from heat shimmer....then I remembered "Oh yeah, it's Yorkshire!" :)

If it's there Paul. It's a replica 'G' model, but rather good, but it wasn't there the last two times we visited - I think it's on long-term loan somewhere.

Ditto Meatloaf. The 109 thread has me piqued my interest in "nuances" of it's production.

Cheers,
Biff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back