Anyone collect coins? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JCS

Senior Airman
Jul 15, 2004
Nicholson, PA
I've got a small collection of some American and foregin coins, most were given to me by my uncle, others I bought at flea markets or off a friend of mine thats also into coins.

Heres what I've got:

1884, 1906 Indian Head Pennies

1914-1916, 1920, 1924-1927, 1930, 1934, 1937, 1939 Lincoln Pennies

1898, 1907, 1910 Liberty Head Nickels

1920 one unidentified year Buffalo Nickel

1 Franc, 1957

1957 "5 PTAS" (no idea what country this is from)

1 Shilling, 1955

1 1943 "Reichspfennig 10"

1 unidentified coin from 1920. On the front it says "GeorgeIV <something> DEI GRA:BRITT:OMN:REX <something> DEF:IND:IMP:" and on the other side I can make out "D (or O)NE and NY"

Plus like $20 in 1950s Canadian change

Seems like a nice collection. I used to do so, but since we moved several times, I've not seen my collection for a LOOOOOOOONG time though. It's somewhere in a box somewhere........ I have some Austro-Hungarian, Czech, Czechoslovak, Italian, French, Polish.... As I said, I've not seen it for many many years so I don't actually recognize what I have and what not......... ;)

JCS said:
1 unidentified coin from 1920. On the front it says "GeorgeIV <something> DEI GRA:BRITT:OMN:REX <something> DEF:IND:IMP:" and on the other side I can make out "D (or O)NE and NY"

It's a rather battered One Penny Piece. And it'll have been minted in the reign of George V not IV. ;)

1957 "5 PTAS" sounds like 5 Pesetas - a Spanish coin.

I have boxes full of coins that I have collected over the years. I get into it for a while and then they just sit. I have almost every penny minted from the Indian Heads on up, minus a few of the rarer ones. They are mostly US coins, but I have some foreign ones as well. I also have some paper money, including a confederate 5 or 10 dollar bill that has been verified authentic. I know I have some of the old Canadian bills as well.

evangilder said:
I get into it for a while and then they just sit.

I do the same thing, I just found mine in the closet this morning while packing stuff (were moving Thursday). I almost forgot I had them. I seem to have lost some though :(

I collect a lot of old US Coins and Old German Coins. I have quite a collection including just about all the German Silver 10 Deutsch Mark coins that were made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back