anyone know what this is ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A Fallshirmjäger G 33/40

here's a pic of it and it's little buddies. I also own an (ar 42) K98 that I am having to get re-worked as some clown tried to sporterize the stock

Attachments

• guns_c.jpg
    guns_c.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 477
another shot although a bit crappy. U guys can see that the stock has been altered // maybe not.........but it is idiotic

the rifle shoots like a dream

Attachments

• model98riflemarks.jpg
    model98riflemarks.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 482
It looks like a compass with a section which is slid around to mark the map heading that the plane should be going in so that any variations in course can instantly and accurately be fixed. I would be guessing that a navigator would use that piece of equipment for various calculations that needed to be made aboard the aircraft for navigational and course purposes. I see after having written this that I have at least guessed part of the purpose of this item.

Yep, Wasp Junior to be exact!

That's Spirit of 76 I was rambling about in another thread, by the way...

Any idea as to what the white cone might be?

Here's a hint:it's part of a fighter.

Never heard of the T-2 Buckeye. Mustn't have really made that much of a mark in terms of being remembered generally...
You need to do some homework... :rolleyes:

"Virtually every US Naval aviator from the late 1950's until 2004 received training in the T-2 Buckeye, a career spanning four decades."

There were almost 300 built....

Don't give me a T-2 Buckeye, so ugly it makes aviators cry,
Flying it is no chore, but Christ what an eyesore,
Don't give me a T-2 Buckeye

Interesting aircraft it looks like the nose of a Mohawk II on the body of a Republic F-86 Thunderbolt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back