anyone know what this is ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I cannot display all of this as I do not have a digital camera but here is some"junk" from "my" SturmFw of II.Sturm/JG 4 smashed into the Erzgebirge on 11. September 1944 in a huge air battle. will try and get a snap of the heavy rusted Panzerplatten armor on the fuselage. I have a 12x 18 inches angled mass that weighs a good 25 pounds even with two of the bolt holes for attachment.

part of the gear cam in the BMW engine

Attachments

• ex6_0020.jpg
    ex6_0020.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 505
GermansRGeniuses said:
Hmmm, I thought it was an ADF...

(I have no idea how to use that thing in Fs, and it annoys the crap out of me to use the bloody GPS on the Dc-3 or Vega, I WANT REALISM! :lol: )

I read somewhere that there are printer friendly maps for FS which you can then laminate and draw on. Can't think where they are, but I'm sure they exist.

I have nothing from World War 2 :cry: what I would do to get the casing from a Tiger 88 shell..

cool gusy keep em coming. Yeah I have some spent stell cases from the 2cmM rounds that blew up with that SturmFw. will hunt down and give you particualrs over the enxt days.

the map case does have some unique items in it and yes I would suppose it was for dtermining distanaces for artillery as well as the plotters for useage on the maps. A very dear freind in the US Army was forward observer when he and his squad jumped an Heer reecon motorcyclist. wouldn;t you know the German went down the wrong road occupied by US forces, he was promptly relieved of his canteen/mess kit, that Ost front medal(shown with the case) and all the contents which from what I understand were pretty important. this was during the US Armies drive through the Bayern and the maps in the scan show the US army(maps) of the Tergensee and other areas. Even the pencils are original !

ok more stuff coming slowly over time...

E

well I am here for another 3 minutes so here is another pic of the map contents.

on the morrw gents ! :lol:

Attachments

• maps_plotters.jpg
    maps_plotters.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 466
thanks bud ! :D

ok gents I leave you with this item if anyone knows what it is. Of course the backdrop is genuine white German lace ......

Attachments

• flagmastmarkings_c.jpg
    flagmastmarkings_c.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 464
yes a flag pole top it is and it has a special name that I will have to hunt down. this itme is what it was a part of. Captured intact along with several bayonets and Luger pistols out of a burning warehouse-barn in central Germany in the spring of 1945 by my uncle and two other buddies. the item shown with top ferrule was hoisted down; actually cut down while the barn roof was on fire.....

Attachments

• flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 458
ok something else for you a/c afficiendo's // this is actually part of the SturmFw that I own in a museum in the Czech republic. My freidns found old M round casings, glass, armor plate a full on BMW engine in shreds, part of the wooden prop, and twisted wreckage everywhere, including 1 quite bent up 3cm Mk 108 cannon

Attachments

• ex6_0094.jpg
    ex6_0094.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 455
That is in amazingly good shape, Erich! War trophies like that are usually in much poorer shape, especialy now. You have taken very good care of that. I am curious though, I have not seen the swastika with the "gear" border on the white part. Is there some signifigance to the gear?

good point Evang !

Mulhausen Thur 29 is a district (district flag) the gear representing the NSDAP DAF or Deutsche Arbeitfront - German Labour front/force

anyone a collector of WW2 firearms ?

heres my cyq P-38, has a nice holster and extra clip

Attachments

• 9mmpalmb_c.jpg
    9mmpalmb_c.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 443

Users who are viewing this thread

Back