anyone play strategy games?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cool, well the game I described is turnbased in a 3-D environment with good camera angles. You can have infantry, halftrack, tanks, artillery, anti-tank, and if your the allies you can have fighter. It's been out for a while so it's probably cheap, I enjoy it despite the fact the graphics aren't the best.

Never heard of it, but will look for it here and get back to you. Would love to play Blitzkrieg though.

Age of Empires, Stronghold and a little bit of Total war. Great games and would love to have Total war.

The thing is I love to build my own units and build how many I like and then crush the hell out of the enemy.

I play an older one by Talonsoft called Battle of Britain it gives you the chance to play Goering or Dowding all the units are represented including aircrew . As a german you have to plot all the missions from recce to fighter sweeps including dog legs and altitudes worrying about weather ,balloons ,anti aircraft, radar . All the targets are there from aircraft factories to ball bearings, electronics ,and aluminium . As a RAF all you do is react to the missions sent your way controlling how many of each squadron you launch at which targets .

[email protected]

I don't know much about computer gaming but do know quite abit about boardgaming. I have a collection of games that dates to the early 70's. Gulf Strike is a good one. Bought that in 86 and the one with Saddam on the cover as soon as I seen it. Squad Leader is good on the infantry level and there is many modules available different scenerios. I'll set up a game for a while in a spare room and become a Cardboard General. Be it Napoleon in 1809 ,McArthur in 1950,or Commander of the 5th Fleet in the Indian Ocean I've done it all. The thing I like is that these games can be played in real time. The maps are great and you can set up a warroom like Churchill did.

I know someone who told me about Megagames, which is team wargaming over two or three days - insanely complicated, and many of the players are proper military analysts in real life, armed with degrees and PhD's in Game Theory and quantum mathematics.

Just about as hardcore as it gets in the wargaming genre.

I played hearts of iron and blitzkrieg a lot before flight school happened. Right now my time's kinda on a premium though. Have hearts of iron II doomsday still in the box from early this year - never played.

Hearts of Iron II, Company of Heroes (Best RTS) and Blitzkrieg.

Company of Heroes lacks two major components at the moment, realistic damage profiles for the Tiger and Panther vs. Sherman. And the ability to immobilise the enemy armour by knocking their tracks off, the sticky bombs should blow the tracks off more than anything.

Company-of-Heroes.jpg

I do enjoy Battlefield 1942: Forgotten Hope. It is a mod to the first person shooter which makes it a bit more realistic and it is the absolute best in terms of WW2 FPS with the ability to control vehicles, act as infantry, etc. It unfortunately has a certain lack of squad control unless you are in a human clan playing over the Internet. But the AI is so good, it can be tough to win on maps such as Wake Island, Omaha can be a challenge sometimes, and there is a night map which can be challenging. It also has the Aussies in it at Tobruk and Kokoda. Otherwise I play Civilization IV, the original turn-based Empire Building Game in its 4th iteration. I also play C&C Generals which is good and a challenging modern warfare game. I also play 'Achtung Spitfire!' and 'Over the Reich' which are two good WW2 tactical airfighting simulations where you are playing as the Squadron Commander. From 1939 right through to 1945 is covered in these two games.

Hearts of Iron II, Company of Heroes (Best RTS) and Blitzkrieg.

Company of Heroes lacks two major components at the moment, realistic damage profiles for the Tiger and Panther vs. Sherman. And the ability to immobilise the enemy armour by knocking their tracks off, the sticky bombs should blow the tracks off more than anything.

Company-of-Heroes.jpg

YAY WOOHOOO COMPANY OF HEROS DA BEST YAY

sorry but it is the best. Its cool when you can get the German RC bombs called Golioths and Sherman Calliope Rocket tanks and all sorts. Destroying tank engines is a good idea too. Also there is a map with 2 Bridges and a ford. Destroying the bridges will force the enemy to attack the (well defended) ford

Users who are viewing this thread

Back