anyone play strategy games? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I do enjoy Battlefield 1942: Forgotten Hope. It is a mod to the first person shooter which makes it a bit more realistic and it is the absolute best in terms of WW2 FPS with the ability to control vehicles, act as infantry, etc. It unfortunately has a certain lack of squad control unless you are in a human clan playing over the Internet. But the AI is so good, it can be tough to win on maps such as Wake Island, Omaha can be a challenge sometimes, and there is a night map which can be challenging. It also has the Aussies in it at Tobruk and Kokoda. Otherwise I play Civilization IV, the original turn-based Empire Building Game in its 4th iteration. I also play C&C Generals which is good and a challenging modern warfare game. I also play 'Achtung Spitfire!' and 'Over the Reich' which are two good WW2 tactical airfighting simulations where you are playing as the Squadron Commander. From 1939 right through to 1945 is covered in these two games.

cool

No sorry only Beyond Overlord, but what are the others like

Well, the other game in the series, Barbarossa to Berlin plays in the Russian fronts. You can play as Germany, Italians, I think Romanians, Russians and their allies. The campaigns are huge with multiple battles. The maps themselves look like the Russian front with steppes, winter, and bombed out factories. It has a better look then Beyond Overlord. If you like Beyond Overlord, you'll like Barbarossa to Berlin.

I now also have Rome: Total War (Barbarian Invasion) and Blitzkrieg 2 in my collection.

You mean you have Shogun, Medieval and Rome: Total War collection? Or you have Rome exp. Barbarian Invasion and Alexander: Total War. I have Shogun exp. Mongol Invasion: Total War and Rome exp. Barbarian Invasion: Total War. I'm going to get Medival 2: Total War.

Yes, I have the expansions and must say that Rome Total war is better than the first Medevil. I am not a fan of sword fighting and pre WW1 strategy games, but man Rome Total War made me like them way more.

I just need my Graphic card that I am getting at the end of this month then I can play proper games.

The one I find myself still playing is Commandos 2- Men of Courage from about 1999. Its less of an RTS- real time strategy thana RTT- real time tactics. I love it and its available on Ebay cheap if anyone wants it!

Oh, and I forgot to add that I have played Dune II, Dune 2000 and now Emperor: Battle For Dune. They are great strategy games. I am now looking into getting Zero Hour, the Expansion pack for C&C Generals.

Age of Empires 3 were also quite good and I enjoyed crushing the enemy defenses with my navy before going in for a kill with my army.

Some more cool games are Soldiers Heros of WW2. Not a very good title, but exelent game. You can play as the British (finding a missile that can target America) Americans (Op. Market garden) Germans (Micheal Wittman And Villers Bocage in Normandy) and the Russians (Finding a captured Katushia before the germans take a good look at it). Its a startagy most of the time but you will find yourself Directly controlling troops aswell. Another is Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps (again not a good Title) in wich you play as the Desert Rats or the Afrika Korps (obviosly) to er.. well beat each other in North afrika.
Also i have Rome Total war and Barbarian Invasion,Medeival Totalwar, AOE 2, 3, Stronghold, Stronghold 2, and Stronghold Crusader. My non-war stratagy games are: Roller coaster tycoon Loopy landscapes, Oil tycoon 2, Sim city 3000, Sim city 4 (rush hour), tropico and Theme hospital.

But i have more, I just cant be botherd too look in my drawer.
Also i said before I have Company of heros and blitzkreig rolling thunder and i also have Empire earth 2

But Soldiers heros of ww2 does not work on my computer now:cry: i lost the key-code....

I have now got Civilization IV and am enjoying the upgrade it offers to C3C. Think I will skip the Warlords pack for Civ IV and look at the next one where you can get all the upgrades on the one disc. Warlords really didn't seem to have enough to excite me as far as content goes...

But it's the best. Albeit it does need improving. It's a good starting point, and I hope they develop Company of Heroes because there's so much potential. I have all the Total War series - and Medieval 2 kicks ass! You can fight the Aztecs !

But it's the best. Albeit it does need improving. It's a good starting point, and I hope they develop Company of Heroes because there's so much potential.

Have you tried installing patches? Relic Entertainment is known to make lots of patches to its games which can change gameplay drastically.

I liked CoH. But my vote goes to their other franchises: warhammer40k: DoW and homeworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back