Arado Ar-240

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheddar cheese

Major General
Jan 9, 2004
WSM, England
Heres a plane that Ive recently been reading up on; the Arado Ar-240.

From its statistics it seems like it was probably a damned good plane, but if so, why havent I heard much of it in the past? Did it even see much, if any service? I would think so because it was built in A, B and C varients. Any more information on this would be greatly appreciated.

So you can see what Im on about, here are some stats I found on www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org and a picture.

Attachments

• arado_ar-240.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 776
Did you bung that lot into the database? I'm trying to beef that up a bit. When we are able to mod the stats ourselves and add the relevant pictures from the albums you'll see a few things happening there!

The Ar-240 was to be the replacement for the Me-110 however it was not a very stable aircraft and the design as you said was ugly was also not very good although it did have good performance as you also stated.

As was said in the post the C models were used as recon over England because it was the only recon aircraft fast eneogh to fly up there and come back. But as far as I know they were still unarmed.

"The Ar-240. A seemingly good plane, but why isnt it more well known?"

Too many problems, too much development time.

Also, Arado made good planes, but as far as I know, they weren't held that high in Nazi hierarchy, like Heinkel.

Users who are viewing this thread