Jun 11, 2005 #481 DerAdlerIstGelandet Private Chemtrail Disperser Staff Mod 50,905 17,295 Joined Nov 8, 2004 Location USA/Germany Not anymore!
Jun 15, 2005 #482 Clave Senior Master Sergeant 3,200 79 Joined Jun 15, 2005 Location Deep in suburban Surrey I was in the RAF for 12 years working on radar and missiles (Bloodhound)
Jun 15, 2005 #483 evangilder "Shooter" 19,035 214 Joined Sep 17, 2004 Location Moorpark, CA Website www.vg-photo.com Cool. What years were you in?
Jun 15, 2005 #484 Clave Senior Master Sergeant 3,200 79 Joined Jun 15, 2005 Location Deep in suburban Surrey Oh god *racks brain* umm.. 76 to 88...
Jun 15, 2005 #485 evangilder "Shooter" 19,035 214 Joined Sep 17, 2004 Location Moorpark, CA Website www.vg-photo.com I was in the USAF from 1984-1988. Three of those years were at RAF Lakenheath. We had a few friends from the RAF in those days.
I was in the USAF from 1984-1988. Three of those years were at RAF Lakenheath. We had a few friends from the RAF in those days.
Jun 15, 2005 #486 Clave Senior Master Sergeant 3,200 79 Joined Jun 15, 2005 Location Deep in suburban Surrey I drove past there not long ago... it's pretty big! Most places I was at were tiny radar stations/missile squadrons further up the east coast. I did go across to Aberporth in Wales a few times to help fire the Bloodhounds on the range there, that was pretty cool 8)
I drove past there not long ago... it's pretty big! Most places I was at were tiny radar stations/missile squadrons further up the east coast. I did go across to Aberporth in Wales a few times to help fire the Bloodhounds on the range there, that was pretty cool 8)
Jun 15, 2005 #487 evangilder "Shooter" 19,035 214 Joined Sep 17, 2004 Location Moorpark, CA Website www.vg-photo.com Sounds cool to me! I'm not familiar with the bloodhounds, were those anti-aircraft? We had Rapiers at Lakenheath many years ago.
Sounds cool to me! I'm not familiar with the bloodhounds, were those anti-aircraft? We had Rapiers at Lakenheath many years ago.
Jun 15, 2005 #488 Clave Senior Master Sergeant 3,200 79 Joined Jun 15, 2005 Location Deep in suburban Surrey SAM, yes, but much, much bigger than a Rapier (I did see one of those fired as well) http://www.picture-newsletter.com/missile/ Bloodhounds are gone now, I think airfields are protected by Rapier MkIIs now...
SAM, yes, but much, much bigger than a Rapier (I did see one of those fired as well) http://www.picture-newsletter.com/missile/ Bloodhounds are gone now, I think airfields are protected by Rapier MkIIs now...
Jun 15, 2005 #489 evangilder "Shooter" 19,035 214 Joined Sep 17, 2004 Location Moorpark, CA Website www.vg-photo.com Oh, okay, those do look somewhat familiar. I'm not sure where I saw them, but I do remember seeing them years ago. Rapiers kind of made me think of a bad-ass R2D2!
Oh, okay, those do look somewhat familiar. I'm not sure where I saw them, but I do remember seeing them years ago. Rapiers kind of made me think of a bad-ass R2D2!
Jun 15, 2005 #490 Clave Senior Master Sergeant 3,200 79 Joined Jun 15, 2005 Location Deep in suburban Surrey Haven't fired one of these in a long time: anybody have a pic of the LMG? (similar to a Bren, with bipod and curved mag, but the barrel is like the SLR above, as it fires 7.62)
Haven't fired one of these in a long time: anybody have a pic of the LMG? (similar to a Bren, with bipod and curved mag, but the barrel is like the SLR above, as it fires 7.62)
Jun 15, 2005 #491 Nonskimmer Captain 8,611 9 Joined Nov 11, 2004 Location Halifax, Nova Scotia Nope. Just this one that was used by the Canadian Army, taken from the same site as your L1A1 pic I think. Attachments fn_c2_370.jpg 17.7 KB · Views: 479
Nope. Just this one that was used by the Canadian Army, taken from the same site as your L1A1 pic I think.
Jun 15, 2005 #492 DerAdlerIstGelandet Private Chemtrail Disperser Staff Mod 50,905 17,295 Joined Nov 8, 2004 Location USA/Germany Cool stuff welcome.
Jun 15, 2005 #493 Clave Senior Master Sergeant 3,200 79 Joined Jun 15, 2005 Location Deep in suburban Surrey Danke! BTW: The Bloodhound was classified as an aircraft, each one was serial numbered and had it's own Form 700....
Danke! BTW: The Bloodhound was classified as an aircraft, each one was serial numbered and had it's own Form 700....
Jun 15, 2005 #494 evangilder "Shooter" 19,035 214 Joined Sep 17, 2004 Location Moorpark, CA Website www.vg-photo.com It certainly was big enough to be classified as such.
Jun 15, 2005 Thread starter #495 M Medvedya Master Sergeant 2,358 14 Joined Nov 9, 2004 Location Bristol, UK There's a pic of a Bloodhound in the albums - the Airfix kit came with a Land Rover and a teeny Alsatian! http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=7252
There's a pic of a Bloodhound in the albums - the Airfix kit came with a Land Rover and a teeny Alsatian! http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=7252
Jun 15, 2005 #496 kiwimac Staff Sergeant 1,097 13 Joined Feb 22, 2004 Location Deepest Darkest NZ Website www.westcotthort.com Locked re-issued in a new uniform -- Kiwimac