Argentine Navy and Army Images:

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Etentards are doing the role of laser spotting for the Rafales in Afghanistan. Apparently until the F.3 is certified this is the situation with the only recently (and rushed) approval of Rafales for CAS.

I guess not yet coupled with their ordnance. According to my information, the Rafales in Afghanistan went through a crash certification of carriage of weapons, but still rely upon the Etentard or other aircraft for laser designation. That is supposed to change in the near future.

Okay, sounds like the French. They put something into service that isn't quite ready and have to spend ages solving problems that should have been solved in the design phase....

Real CAS is done by helos!

hmmmm...not sure, the helos is always more vulnerable to AA, the Skyraider was the best CAS platform in Vietnam...and it wasnt a Helicopter.:!:

More videos:

P-3 Orion, F-28 fellowship, Beech King Air, Aermacchi MB-326, Sea king, Turbotrackers and others navy planes operation over the southermost provinces of Santa Cruz and Tierra del Fuego, note the rough patagonian terrain and the snow capped mountains.

http://www.ara.mil.ar/multimedia/imagenes_video/aviacion4.asf

15 minutes video.

hmmmm...not sure, the helos is always more vulnerable to AA, the Skyraider was the best CAS platform in Vietnam...and it wasnt a Helicopter.:!:

More videos:

P-3 Orion, F-28 fellowship, Beech King Air, Aermacchi MB-326, Sea king, Turbotrackers and others navy planes operation over the southermost provinces of Santa Cruz and Tierra del Fuego, note the rough patagonian terrain and the snow capped mountains.

http://www.ara.mil.ar/multimedia/imagenes_video/aviacion4.asf

15 minutes video.

It was half in jest - but when the USMC needs no sh!t CAS - it's the Cobras. When the Z model comes out, it's going to be that much more effective. It's interesting you brought up the A-1, as there's a push and a thread I started a while back about some individuals in the USAF that want to use the T-6 for light attack/recon.

BTW - a helo can smash AAA w/o even being exposed. Plus - that is also mitigated by striking air defense with other assets first.

Oh my sweet King Air!

Yes, because if you look a lot of the stuff that has gone wrong on the US planes has been a little bit of minor stuff. I mean rarely has a plane's combat ability been affected by problems once it is considered front-line has it?

Yes, because if you look a lot of the stuff that has gone wrong on the US planes has been a little bit of minor stuff. I mean rarely has a plane's combat ability been affected by problems once it is considered front-line has it?

Of course the idea is to eliminate the majority and most glaring issues during development - but things will always make it into production. I believe it was the F-14A had severe problems w/ flameouts with high G maneuvering. Early models of the CH-46 suffered tail separations. These things happen. Unfortunately, you can't forsee and correct everything before an A/C hits the fleet.

BTW - a helo can smash AAA w/o even being exposed. Plus - that is also mitigated by striking air defense with other assets first

Really?, do you remember that pics of an Ah-64 Apache shot down with Kalashnikovs in operation Iraki freedom ?

More Beechs. This aircraft were used mostly for electronical recce task.

cormoran2bk5.jpg

0603082hv0.jpg

The Beech Super King Air is used by COAN in various roles. One of these is aerial surveillance and patrol performed by the sophisticated Petrel variant. The aircraft on this photo was the third to be converted to this standard.

coanorbatb200uy5.jpg

I do, but I thought that was more a lucky shot considering that a Kalashnikov would have an amount of kick in it, and also the fact that helicopter was probably in the air when fired at. I think both parties probably got a surprise that it worked...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back