Argentine Navy and Army Images:

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really?, do you remember that pics of an Ah-64 Apache shot down with Kalashnikovs in operation Iraki freedom ?

More Beechs. This aircraft were used mostly for electronical recce task.

CB - a helo hitting AAA from defilade is not related to an Apache getting hit with small arms fire, which is a rare occurance. You're right that they are more vulnerable, yet we have TTPs to mitigate that risk.

Awesome pics of the King Air 200!

Really...

We did an air assault in Iraq and a AH-64 went down from one hit by an AK-47. One round, thats it...

Now having said that, yeah it was luck. We had a Blackhawk come back with over 200 holes in it from AK-47s.

Awesome pics of the King Air 200!

Thanks .

I do, but I thought that was more a lucky shot considering that a Kalashnikov would have an amount of kick in it, and also the fact that helicopter was probably in the air when fired at. I think both parties probably got a surprise that it worked...

I said Kalasnikov but probably was some heavy 7,62mm MG wich fired a more powerful round that the AK 7,62x39mm.

CB - a helo hitting AAA from defilade is not related to an Apache getting hit with small arms fire

But is related to the vulnerabilty of the helicopter compared to an devoted CAS aircraft.

wich is a rare ocurrence

Not so rare I remember an episode during the Falklands/Malvinas war in wich the Infantry regiment 25 destroyed 2 Aerospatiale Gazelle with combined FAls fire in matter of minutes. Off course the Gazelles had the excuse to be not as armored as the Apache.

By the way I fixed the broken link.

Two more videos, self propelled 155mm howitzer based in the TAM chassis.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMzDiDxkQ2w

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJGy5NlO65A

But is related to the vulnerabilty of the helicopter compared to an devoted CAS aircraft.

I don't dispute the vulnerability of a helicopter to say a harrier. I don't know how your nation organizes and employs its resources. The USMC relies HEAVILY on AH-1s for CAS. It's a devoted CAS a/c. We also use AV-8Bs. Its tried and tested in combat, and many marines will argue a cobra/apache is the best cas asset.

Not so rare I remember an episode during the Falklands/Malvinas war in wich the Infantry regiment 25 destroyed 2 Aerospatiale Gazelle with combined FAls fire in matter of minutes. Off course the Gazelles had the excuse to be not as armored as the Apache.
Look at the numbers of sorties flown, and our helos that have been brought down by rifle fire. It's rare.

That is true.

Over 1,500,000 flight hours flown just by the Army in Iraq and only a little of 40 aircraft lost and only 22 of those I believe were shoot downs.

Hell I flew about 400 sorties in Iraq and I never got shot down and neither did any aircraft in our unit.

Actually the majority of shootdowns were not by SA-7s. We have countermeasures that are allmost 100 percent effective against the SA-7 and very very effective against the SA-14.

The SA-16 is harder to defeat and the SA-18 is well...

Marine Corps admitted that recent CH-47 downed was by a double digit Manpads. They noted that the countermeasures were never activated and the detection system never saw it coming. That is certainly both significant and telling of the technology leaking in from outside sources.

Marine Corps admitted that recent CH-47 downed was by a double digit Manpads. They noted that the countermeasures were never activated and the detection system never saw it coming. That is certainly both significant and telling of the technology leaking in from outside sources.

That was terrible... on a side note it was a CH-46E Phrog...

Actually the majority of shootdowns were not by SA-7s. We have countermeasures that are allmost 100 percent effective against the SA-7 and very very effective against the SA-14.

The SA-16 is harder to defeat and the SA-18 is well...

All right, tx, I am far to be an expert in missiles.

A109.jpg

Yeap 16 or 18 probably.

Hello everybody!

I'm writing from Hungary (East-Europe). May I ask few questions from you? I'm doing a little research in the topic of the Falkland war (mainly of the submarines). If you answer, you would help a lot.:oops:

P.S.: The pictures are great.

Tiburtius

Yeap 16 or 18 probably.

Adler, little off topic but did you guys fly with active countermeasures in Iraq? If so, was it mission specific or all the time? Just curious, not the sort of thing you hear about out in the world and it pretty important stuff, given the flak traps that were set out there.

Probably a decent question for this board too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back