Arma hobby PZL P.7A in 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have used a stretched sprue for both my old P-11c and P-7.

pzl-p-11c_8-jpg.jpg

pzl-p-7a_2-jpg.jpg

I used brass wire because I wanted to strengthen the legs. I would have used thread or stretched sprue normally. The Arma plastic is very soft and prone to breaking.

I have ordered the correct Kahki drab paint. I was going to mix up my own but decided I like this little bird so much I want only the best.

Sorry for the dalay. As memo serves the P-7 had the propeller of 2.8m in diameter. So the 9'4" sounds good. In scale 1/72 the diameter should be about 3.8-3.9 cm (38mm-39mm) including the spinner diameter at the piont where the prop blades were attached . I'm not sure how you got the 2.56m but if you measured the prop blades of the model without the diameter of the spinner , you could have gotten the incorrect measurement.

Sorry for the dalay. As memo serves the P-7 had the propeller of 2.8m in diameter. So the 9'4" sounds good. In scale 1/72 the diameter should be about 3.8-3.9 cm (38mm-39mm) including the spinner diameter at the piont where the prop blades were attached . I'm not sure how you got the 2.56m but if you measured the prop blades of the model without the diameter of the spinner , you could have gotten the incorrect measurement.

I have a 1/72 scale ruler with imperial and metric. I measured tip to tip after I had assembled the prop and quickly spotted it was a bit stumpy. If it was only a few scale centimetres short I could have lived with it but nearly 30cm is not acceptable to me.

I have had a quick view at a couple of finished Arma P-7 OOB models and must say that the diameter seems to be realy incorrect. According to my observation the tip of the prop blade should be almost at the same level the center of the wheel is. Of course the prop is set vertically.

A big part of the look of the P7 is the big cowling and big propeller. If I can't find a replacement I might try cutting the blades and adding an extension.

I had a good sort through my bits box looking for a replacement prop, thought I had found the right one and it's opposite tractor 🤬

Can't find anything suitable online there's any number of later 3 and 4 blade props but not much 2 blade.

I think I might chop the blades and insert a spacer only needs to be 1.5mm. Should be able to hide the joint under plenty of paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back