Arma hobby PZL P.7A in 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaagh disaster. I have never known styrene to be so fragile.
16178132824816657834307349214780.jpg
16178133168307891279941641047316.jpg

:( . Did it fall?

No I was cleaning paint off the stub axle with a scalpel so I could fit the wheel and must have pressed too hard. The other leg broke in a similar place when I was gluing the wing on and accidentally pressed in The wrong place, styrene seems very fragile.

Glued up but the bracing wire will never be perfectly straight :(. I will leave it 24 hours before touching it again.

I suppose this is a problem of our desire for perfect scale models. Thirty or more years ago the struts would have been moulded overscale to add strength. I still think the styrene was either poor quality or just not up to the job.

If I was to build this kit again I would make my own struts.

IMHO you are right about the desire for perfect scale model and the way the struts were moulded. The styrene is OK. I was talking to my mates here and nobody has been complained about so far.

These struts have the thickness of a couple of milimetes only. So we have to be cautious with them. Some more of pressing and you get them broken.

These struts have the thickness of a couple of milimetes only. So we have to be cautious with them. Some more of pressing and you get them broken.

I have just measured the struts with my calipers. 1.87mm wide x 0.82mm thick, no wonder I broke them. I think something that slim and long needs to be made of something sturdier, white metal maybe thats sturdier than styrene and bends rather than breaks.

Just waiting for the paint for the underside to arrive and I will be on the final lap.

I wonder if Arma will make the PZL 50 I built a horrible kit of it a while ago that sits at the back of the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back