Army Orders Soldiers to Shed Dragon Skin or Lose SGLI!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
I found this quite disturbing.

http://www.sftt.org/main.cfm?action...nKey=cmpDefense&htmlCategoryID=30&htmlId=4514

and was subsequently killed in action "could" be denied the $400,000 death benefit provided by their SGLI life insurance policy as well as face disciplinary action.
What, they gonna fine ur dead ass corpse or ur widowed wife and small child, or ur 75 year old mother who just lost her only child???

I think this is a load of shit... "Remove all non-issue gear" ???? Who are they kidding??? I heard something about this kinda crap a few weeks ago, but this info proves it... I talked to my buddy Sean and he said this situation does not affect USNSWCOM and probably not USSOCOM either...

Or what if you're wearing one and you're wounded, what are they going to do, deny you medical attention?!?! What a bunch of dumbasses!!! I hope this story gets a name attachted to it.

Jesus Christ!
So for taking every reasonable precaution in the field within their means, albeit with non "regulation" equipment, the Army is about to deny insurance benefits to it's fighting men and women. F*ck me!

Bend over, boys.

This story came from the Soldiers for Truth website. One of the founding members of SFT was David Hackworth. I have trusted these guys to get the straight skinny for years.

USSOCOMM gave him a very generic and vague answer to e-mails. He has been pressing them to find out what the F is going on.

Doesn't sound like the same military we were in, eh Dan? We civilian sourced whatever we needed that we couldn't get. That's how we had to get toothpaste on one op!

This whole story stinks to high heaven and that is why I had to post it. Something is very very wrong with this and someone needs to fry for it.

If I was those soldiers I would go to IG, because that is in violations of there right to survive, especially when the armour that the Army is issuing is innadiquate and fails to protect the soldier.

It was actually quite funny, we did a whole year in Iraq and when we got back, they made us recall our body armour because it was defective! A year after we got to Iraq!

Looks like someone took scuttle-butt to the press. Whereever it came from, it was not USSOCOMM.

The way the feces hits the oscillating rotary device is this: If you use something you were not issued, you may not be meeting the standard of required protective gear. The de facto threat is a line of duty determination, which can affect your SGLI benefits. If you are found to have worn something that did not protect you adequately or worn protective equipment improperly, the line of duty may reflect that you were killed because of not meeting the standard. Seen it happen with both my eyes at the same time...

I've heard a lot of "news" reports over this, and it seems recently that there is an official stance of denial over the original reports that using non-issue armor was punishible.

Not that it matters, it seems the U. S. Armed forces are now starting to turn a blind eye to the whole matter, which suits most everyone involved just fine. Either way, I'd keep on my Dragon Skin. Can't receive benefits if you're dead.

Yeah but the stuff the Army is issuing us downrange is even less adequate.

Politics, politics, politics. let us do our damn job

wear the body suit bright silver/chrome for all I care as long as our men/women are protected. Better than sitting out in a Baghdad street butt naked yelling shoot me !

how pathetic this is all becoming .......

Users who are viewing this thread