Army ROTC (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Well, with me having to decide quickly what I want to do with my life I've decided that I want to do the Army ROTC in college. My plan hopefully ends with me serving the required number of years in the Army active/reserve and joining a job in law enforcement. I've thought about this long and hard.

Just curious if anyone here did ROTC in college?

I did as it was required at my college. I really enjoyed it. Being Air Force I got to ride in a C-141 at night and see inflight refueling from the cockpit. We also got to play with M-14's though the Army and Marine kids got to play with cooler toys.

Certainly is not a bad route to go.

My Niece got a scholarship from the Army for ROTC. I'm proud to say she will be comissioned today and will be joining the medical field. Best thing that happened to her.

Same as Vikng, U of I is/was a land grant university and used to require all fresh soph students (male) enroll in the ROTC. Kids who had taken ROTC in high school were made corporals or sargents. It was 1961 and most treated it as a big joke as we hup-2-3ed around the Quad. By 1962 the Student Peace Union had formed and used to picketed the marchers. As 1962 drew to a close and I felt Uncles cold, clammy hand closing aound my young arse I began to pay more attention to the military instruction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back