Artesh photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

STAMP_OF_IRANIAN_AIR_FORCE_50th_ANNIVERSARY-2.jpg

images (29).jpeg

Part of Anniversary Stamps made for Imperial Iranian Army's different branches anniversary, 1974.
These photos, from Wiki.
The original ones are available at Post Museum. (I took some photos last week, will post soon).
And a little help, please identify plane. Thank you.

View attachment 525620
View attachment 525621
Part of Anniversary Stamps made for Imperial Iranian Army's different branches anniversary, 1974.
These photos, from Wiki.
The original ones are available at Post Museum. (I took some photos last week, will post soon).
And a little help, please identify plane. Thank you.

New arrivals are available at my collection.

P_20190126_002959.jpg

P_20190125_124122.jpg

How to spend a weekend in Tehran ??? Pt. 1 ...

First of all, wherever you are , you need to go to "Emam Khomeini" Metro Station. You can find this station where line no. 1 (Blue) and Line no. 2 (Red) meet each other.
This building is called Central Radio / Telecommunication building.
We start our journey from here.

P_20190125_130024.jpg

How to spend a weekend in Tehran, Pt. 2 ...

From where you are, turn right (actually, one of metro entrances , that I start my journey, is located at northwestern corner of Emam Khomeini Sq.) , here you can see "Emam Khomeini" street. Walk along it. First place you might notice, is this building, here is the National Post / Telephone / Telegraph Museum of Iran. This entrance is always locked. You must enter from side entrance , which is located at National garden .

Also you might like to have photos of these things ...

No. 1: statue of a little boy sending a letter
P_20190125_130030.jpg

No. 2: an Old public telephone ...

P_20190125_130136.jpg

P_20190125_130153.jpg

How to spend a weekend in Tehran, Pt. 3 ...

Well, we arrive to So called "National Garden" entrance. The pairings are from Qajar era, when here was a real garden ... Now here is garden, but garden of steel and bricks !!! Btw, here belongs Mr. Zarif's organisation, Foreign affairs ministry. In this area , there are following museums : Malek National library and museum, museum of post and stuff , the Cossack house and FM , itself. It is closed on Fridays for security reasons.

P_20190125_131126.jpg
P_20190125_131140.jpg
P_20190125_131150.jpg

Well, now we arrived at National museum .
National Museum is divided to 2 different eras , prehistory to pre-Islamic eras are shown in main building , early Islamic era till early Qajar era are shown in 2nd building. Some of most important items shown in main building are as follow : remains of 7000 years old lady , different items from different pre history eras / places , like Sialk , Shahr e Soukhteh , Shush and ... , remains of Salt man , an statue of Ashkanid nobleman , several parts of Persepolice , a very interesting Stone written in Old Greek from Selukid era (My fav object 😍) and some other things.
Sorry that I couldn't take photos from these objects , I was busy to translate and explain to my guests and another couple .
Explain of these photos in next post.

from above :

1st photo: is shown a stone plaque with writing "National Museum of Iran , 1938" .
You can see this plaque , at right side , lower part of entrance.

2nd photo: as you can see, this one is showing the museum during Iran Iraq war era (1980 - 1988) . According to my info , a 35 mm Oerlicen AAA was stationed in the yard , and a HMG at roof.

3rd Photo : Mr. Rajaiee , president of Iran (who was killed (or assassinated) in a bombing) is writing notes .

P_20190125_145613.jpg

How to spend a weekend in Tehran, Pt. 4 ...

Be careful of your inner kid 😉

Suitable for age group A , here is "Science Museum of Iran" . It is divided into several parts , talking about history of Science in Islam and Iran. If you are interested in history, it's also a good place for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back