Artistic Help (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zipper730

Chief Master Sergeant
Nov 9, 2015
I can't seem to perfectly rotate my image to straighten it out correctly: I don't have any significant amount of money, but if I give you the image, would you be able to straighten it out without anti-aliasing?

Try GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). "GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more operating systems."

It's basically a free version of Photoshop - so it takes a little effort to learn, but there's an online help, manual and tutorials that are pretty thorough.

GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

That ought to do everything you want, and more.

I have the images, I just need them oriented straight. The images are rather large, so I'd have to zip them up if you'd be okay with that, I can do it.

I would say Gnomey was curious rather of what device you use. Eg.. a laptop , desktop comp or tablet, etc. Also what operating system you have installed there... eg Win10 , Linux ...

Don't Zip jpg's, it's a waste of time. If there's more than 5 or 10 MB's of data to transfer, get yourself a free account on dropbox.com, put your images in there and give permission for others to read and write files to that folder. You'll need the email addresses of the people you want to access the dropbox folder.

And I still recommend GIMP for picture processing. I've been using it pretty steadily for the past week or so, and I haven't run into any limitations on the things I've wanted to do.

Zipping images is useless as they are difficult to compress. How many pictures are we talking about and how big are they?
There's one image that had a few images within it and their orientations varied from almost straight to on an angle. So I cut and pasted them up into separate images for simplicity. It's an image of a P-61.

The biggest of the images is 4256 x 3675 pixels (the moderators would just about hang me if I put that up)

BTW: I also had an idea for an attack-bomber design that had components of the DeHavilland Mosquito, XP-72, and Hawker Tempest as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back