Aug 6 1945. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lesofprimus said:
Dont rule out the North Koreans and Taiwan...

Yeah, another set of jokers that might just push the button. And there is always the dark horse candidates. Terrorist or some small ex-soviet republic that has one stashed away for a rainy day. Long odds, but ya' can't rule them out.

Tim, Taiwan are not "nutters" and are on "our" side. The China tension is caused by Taiwan being declared a rouge state from that nation. In 1949, when the CCP defeated the Nationalists - the Nationalists, and Chiang Kai-Shek found refuge on Taiwan to continue KMT there. I don't believe they even have nuclear weapons - they're tiny . And they still fly the KMT flag of the yesteryear.

It would be MASSIVE. But that wouldn't be Taiwan's fault.

That is an interesting scenario.

N Korea nukes Taiwan soo the PRC can have "plausible denial".

But noone in the world (except the french) would believe that.

On a lighter note, we all know of the H-bomb, but the newest of the deadly nukes is the F-bomb, with the explosion shown below.

newbomb_117.jpg

It ain't even so much whether Iran or North Korea would use nukes but they'd sell them for cash to terrorists in heartbeat. Iran and No. Korea know that if they used them they'd get an asskicking. Mukmood, Habib and friends would be scattered into 7 different neutral countries or blow their own azzes up for the fun of it and there'd be nobody to seek retribution on as there would be if a soveriegn country started the
whacky086.gif

My understanding of nukes is there is a signature to each one based on the materials used. As a consequence, you can trace it back to the manufacturers (read: countries). While I doubt NK would be good enough to submit a sample, by process of elimination, it would be figured out. And that is where the fun begins. How do you stop the next bomb from being detonated? Is it already out there? If yes, where? If no, how do you stop the production and dissemination of the bombs.

It's all theoretical until some town/city somewhere gets vaporized. That will supply the motivation. The question is, the motivation to do what?

Very hard question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back