Avatar and siggy area changes. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic Balshaw

Major General
Jul 20, 2009
Canberra
I've been trying to change my avatar and have got the new one up in the drop down change box but for reasons unknown, its not making the change after I select OK. Also I want to sort out the little aircraft pics under my siggy but cannot find a way to do it. So I need a little help please. :(
:(

Is the new avatar pic shows the poppy seed flower? If it is I can see it as your avater set.
Regarding your siggy ... go to "Your account" and in the Settings menu choose the Signature option. You should get a window with your siggy pictures seen. There you may sort out the images there. When done click the Save button below.

Thanks Wojtek, Yes the poppy is what I want for my new avatar. As for the siggy, I have tried a number of times to move the little planes in the way you have described and yes the ones outside the white backed box can be moved but only within that one long line. All I want to do is get them sitting in an orderly fashion under the box in the same way that you have.

Like this?

vic siggy.jpg

You could but you would have to switch to the Toggle BB code option in order to see the text for the pictures in your siggy. Then you may edit it with the full control.

I have edited the basic image of your siggy. Do you want me to change it and edit the entire rest of icon there?

Avatar system really has problems. We had problems changing Paul's siggy, what we usually do with deceased and it didn't work. So I tried that on my own account and didn't work either. Changed it back, but now after weeks, my avatar changes into the siggy made for Paul, at least in my header bar. This makes me look like I'm deceased as well :(. I'm not sure what you guys see,

So I'm not deceased and this is meant to report to the community that the Avatar system on the forum is flawed at the moment and we don't know when it will be fixed.

I've noticed the avatar problem. The last change I made took immediately, but the two before that, one never took at all and the other popped up as my av about a month after I gave up trying.

XenForo probably has a forum dedicated to it for plug-ins and issues, or at worst try googling "xenforo avatar uploads"?

ETA: Found this thread in XenForo support that may help decode and resolve the issue: XF 1.4 - Issues with uploading avatar

Last edited:
I've noticed the avatar problem. The last change I made took immediately, but the two before that, one never took at all and the other popped up as my av about a month after I gave up trying.

XenForo probably has a forum dedicated to it for plug-ins and issues, or at worst try googling "xenforo avatar uploads"?

ETA: Found this thread in XenForo support that may help decode and resolve the issue: XF 1.4 - Issues with uploading avatar
We're dependent on Horse to fix this as Wojtek and I are not allowed to set permissions on the storage. Although I think this is a different issue. The problems I have looks more like a cache problem I think. And that would be fully independent of the Xenforo codebase. But Horse knows this better than I do.

One thing I just realized is that this last av change I did, the one which went smoothly, was very shortly after I did a factory reset on this laptop. With no cache (using Chrome), perhaps that's why it went fine? That would imply that users experiencing this issue may wish to try clearing cache before changing av. I'll test it and see.

ETA: No dice, it won't change the av now, even after dumping cache.

Last edited:
One thing I just realized is that this last av change I did, the one which went smoothly, was very shortly after I did a factory reset on this laptop. With no cache (using Chrome), perhaps that's why it went fine? That would imply that users experiencing this issue may wish to try clearing cache before changing av. I'll test it and see.

ETA: No dice, it won't change the av now, even after dumping cache.
No, if it's cache, it's somewhere on the server side.

Wojtek was the one who helped sort this for me, bless him. In the main it seems it was a cache problem and I was all fixed, but while I was a way for a few days I noticed on my mobile that I had reverted to the old avatar which hung around against my log on name (top right) but not against my posts, but then this corrected itself and we have been tickety boo since then.

:D

Last edited:
Wojtek was the one who helped sort this form, bless him. In the main it seems it was a cache problem and I was all fixed, but while I was a way for a few days I noticed on my mobile that I had reverted to the old avatar which hung around against my log on name (top right) but not against my posts, but then this corrected itself and we have been tickety boo since then.

:D
Yes, I have the same. Cannot fix that myself, so waiting for Horse to fix that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back