Avro Lancaster in 1/72?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's quite an interesting shot old boy. Not only the less common load of HE, as opposed to a 'cookie' and SBC's of incendiaries, but also a mix of British and U.S. bombs.

Have seen some discussions about crosslike bars, where should be placed and if they should be three or four....

engines_close_zps470095d0.jpg

Probably a number of combinations old boy - I'll see what i can find out. Certainly on other Hercules installations - Halifax, Beaufighter etc, I've seen three support rods, four support rods, and various angles.
I'll check-out the squadrons for you later today, and e-mail the results.

Got the colours sorted somewhat....Humbrol=Vallejo Air..

11=71063
26=71024
30=71019
33=70157
53=71072
56=71062
60=71003
61=71076
62=71032
78=Cockpit Green
96=71005
98=71042

It sure is Bill! If you watch the Night Bombers video, link in the Video threads, you can see them loading a Cookie, RAF and USAAF bombs on to a Lancaster....
8)
Deffo gonna do that to one of mine...

My gosh Jan................... it's Finished?
with a dio?

you Will paint it eventually won't you.

They're SBC's, containing the larger 90lb incendiary bombs. In the centre, in front of the 'cookie', are either T.I.'s (Target Indicators), or sky marker flares. This aircraft will be on an area bombing (city) op, and might be a 'backer up' from a PFF squadron.

My gosh Jan................... it's Finished?
with a dio?

you Will paint it eventually won't you.

:lol:

They're SBC's, containing the larger 90lb incendiary bombs. In the centre, in front of the 'cookie', are either T.I.'s (Target Indicators), or sky marker flares. This aircraft will be on an area bombing (city) op, and might be a 'backer up' from a PFF squadron.

Much obliged young man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back