B-17's of the Pacific

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Hi guys.

In between things I'm gearing up for the next group which will be a B-17 of the Pacific theater. What I'm not sure about is the over color? I thought they were Olive Drab over a light gray belly but in a reference book I found the colors seemed to be a dark blue almost black. I'm pretty sure that isn't correct, but After my last impulse buy I wasn't willing to pay $22 for the book at this time. Can anyone help me with this one? I know you can. :lol:

Most of the B-17s in the PTO were the standard OD over grey. A few were painted in Hawaii a OD, green, sand and a dark green over grey. These were used early in the war and some were used in Midway. There was one plane painted OD over light blue as a test and one paint over all blue. I have the pilot info and plane number at the house if you would like it.

DBII

Most of the B-17s in the PTO were the standard OD over grey. A few were painted in Hawaii a OD, green, sand and a dark green over grey. These were used early in the war and some were used in Midway. There was one plane painted OD over light blue as a test and one paint over all blue. I have the pilot info and plane number at the house if you would like it.

DBII

I thought they were just OD, but when I stumbled on the reference book for B-17's in the Pacific the color photos look very dark. I'm good. OD it will be

I want to thank everyone for their input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back