B-17vsLancaster

how about we dont, everyone has their own ideas and the general (sane) idea is that the B-17 is better
 
NO IT'S NOT........................
 
Well, my lady says I'm a BIG BOY with a BIG TOY, so, sorry to shatter any illusions out there! - That's why I'm not online ALL the time...Back to the topic, y'know AIRCRAFT???- Sensibly, the Brits bombed by night, in camoflage, and dreamed-up Radar to assist them, and had manoevres to protect themselves- An ANZAC survivor stated on TV here tonite, the Germans bombed, we ducked - the Brits bombed, they ducked - When the US bombed, we ALL ducked...
 
Well, my lady says I'm a BIG BOY with a BIG TOY
thanks for sharing that gem ol'chap, we really wanted to know!
 
Well I had to say something to establish my male credentials - I gather this became a topic because I indicated a welcome to a lady who visits this forum, and y'gotta admit, most females aren't into this type of thing - I find it 'stimulating discussion' to hear their point of view; my lady's into Warbirds, mostly from my obsession with it, but it's big plus nonetheless. After 3 marriages, to have a partner like this is awesome, I don't dismiss females outa hand...they are the deadlier of the species...and I've 4 kids to prove it !!
 
sure, what ever you say???????????????????????????????????
 
They also did indispensible work at the end of hostilities returning POW's, dropping supplies to civilian survivors in Europe and giving the hard-worked groundcrews an oppurtunity to see what it was All For, by flying them around over Europe to view the aircrews' handiwork, flights they called 'Cooks Tours'...
 
and lancastarians in the berlin airlift............
 
if we didn't have the lancaster, germans would take over the world...............

so you're saying that the lancaster won us the war? :lol: no, germans wouldnt rule the world, soviets would 8) no wait, soviets WILL rule the world :twisted:
 
no it doesn't................
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back