B-17vsLancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Viper

Airman 1st Class
Dec 23, 2003
Heres a question,What do you think is a better aircraft B-17 or the lanc.Sure the lanc could hold more bombs but the Fort was more heavly armed. I could go on and on about what charectoristics the two of the planes had ,but Ill jus say the two of the bombers were awsome in their own ways and the war would have probually been alot diffrent without them.
reply on your comments to which aircraft was better.

you realise this topic is going to be on fire, the battle for supremacy between the lanc and the b-17 always manages to wind up in any topic one way or another :|

by the way, the lanc for me :)

Oh dammit! Thanks Viper, now I have to fight tooth and nail for the B-17 all over again! :drinking: :knight: :bazooka:

Will none step up to defend the B-17?

At least the B-17 COULD bomb during the day. If the Lanc had been used as a day bomber, it would have been torn to pieces!

Just to help everyone (I'm a Lanc Man myself ;) )

As Crazy has pointed out, the Lancaster would of been Shot Down in their hundred's in daylight :cry: :cry: and I'm sure the B-17 would of been just (Maybe more so with those .50's.....) as good as the Lanc at night. But as we all know the Lanc could carry ANYTHING 8) . So deep down both were just as good as each other 8)

Hot Space

Crazy said:
Oh dammit! Thanks Viper, now I have to fight tooth and nail for the B-17 all over again! :drinking: :knight: :bazooka:

Will none step up to defend the B-17?

At least the B-17 COULD bomb during the day. If the Lanc had been used as a day bomber, it would have been torn to pieces!
I agree lol the lanc would be slaughtered,
but the lanc could hold alot of merchandise :D but i like the fort alot more than the lanc.

that's just it, "deep down" there was nothing in the B-17, unlike the lanc which had lots of bombs inside :)

the lancaster kicks ass said:
that's just it, "deep down" there was nothing in the B-17, unlike the lanc which had lots of bombs inside :)

Attachments

• hires-tif_b17-goldengate_200.jpg
    hires-tif_b17-goldengate_200.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,931
ah you see normally lanc, you wouldnt need to say you was saying the b-17 was crap, but you ARE being weakened and feel the need to state the plane you are commenting on :)

lol,you cant hide from it lanc the 17 is better,im sorry,i even had family members fly lancasters but i still like the B-17 way more,lol

Crazy said:
now that's devotion :lol:
you better belive it,lol

Attachments

• memphis-belle-4_181.jpg
    memphis-belle-4_181.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,691

Users who are viewing this thread

Back