B-17vsLancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass said:
THE LANCASTER IS SOOOOOOOOOOO BETTER, you just can't hack it
woa,simmer down,YOU cant hack that the 17 is a better plane ;)

has anybody been in a real one?,i rembered there is 2 lancasters within 50 miles of were i live,one sitting outside being exposed to the elements and one in a museum. One is in calgary and the other is in nanton,there are two lancasters in the area becuase there is a air commowealth training base from world war 2 and there was lancasters situated there for training bomber crews. The ones spar has been damaged from being on a concrete pedistole and the other one is in much better shape and has two engines functioning,i belive it is scedualed to taxi down the runway this summer.

www.lancastermuseum.ca
this is the homepage of the museum,take a look,i toured that one.

Attachments

• p_front5lanc.jpg
    p_front5lanc.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,110
About the airtraining base,almost all the mamoth hangers are still standing (but in poor condtion)Two of the runways are still serviceable,i have also been to this and toured around,we have freinds that own the base and we have a cessna 180 that we often fly to the base to look around. or we store our 2 cropdusters in one of the hangers. Although the base is in poor condition it is still a very intresting expierience to see.

I almost forgot,the base is located at vulcan alberta there is a link at the nanton museum homepage that is about the base,look it up if u are intrested

Attachments

• p_vaerodrome1.jpg
    p_vaerodrome1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,101
  • p_vulcanmeld2.jpg
    p_vulcanmeld2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,103
Stop all the maddness! It is the B-24 that rules the skies. faster, longer legs and better bombs! Yes the Lanc was able to carry Tons, but not ver the 'Hump' r had the versitility like the Liberator. The nly other airframe I would argue as virsital was the Halifax.

Hot Space said:
Feller's, not bitching here, but could you all keep your B-17/Lancaster Posts to this Thread from now on, please. They're all over the place :lol:

Hot Space :D
ya we get a bit caried away :lol:

if u want an ugly plane,the b-24 should be sufficient,those big landing gears....ick

???

Attachments

• b17-a.jpg
    b17-a.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,027
  • b17-f001_104.gif
    b17-f001_104.gif
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back