B-17vsLancaster

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just found out that the belle is being completely restored,can somone find out if it is going to fly?
I got some pics of it being tore down,its being painted,new engines,the works

Viper said:
I just found out that the belle is being completely restored,can somone find out if it is going to fly?
I got some pics of it being tore down,its being painted,new engines,the works

damm....it didnt work,awel

Attachments

• memphisbellebanking.jpg
    memphisbellebanking.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,071
lol.....it was the first plane in the 8th airforce to finish its tour of duty

here is a pic of the lancaster in calgary,another one i have seen. Its in very poor condition,the spar is cracked,noengines,most of the windows have been broke,coktpit vandalized and many other things. It is slowly being restored ,its just been painted but it still needs lots of work

Attachments

• lanc003_a2.jpg
    lanc003_a2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,050
kind of a tacky paint job if you ask me,it had the classic black,brown and green before

yup :| barely even looks like a lancaster, and who would want to vandalise such a great plane :| aha, it all clicking into place, now we know where crazy has been..... :-X :lol:

dont ask me,ive seen the coktpit,what a mess,damm kids,i hate that paint job

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:18 pm Post subject:

lol.....it was the first plane in the 8th airforce to finish its tour of duty
which it completed on my b-day =P may 17 =P i feel special now... :lol: but then again nothing ever happens on my bday so i do feel special =P

Its sad that there is only two flying lancs and 18 in total,2 are near were i live

shows how much people care about lancs... there arent a HUGE number of flying b17s but there are a lot more than 2 and same with the remaininig number of them

it doesnt matter lanc how many airplanes were made,it depend who wants them around after the war,up here they just didnt want them and they scapped them for pots and pans ect. they had to make the 17 tough to cut the slack made up from the lancaster

Attachments

• b1755.jpg
    b1755.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,050
  • b1746.jpg
    b1746.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,054
  • crash_site_3.jpg
    crash_site_3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,065

Users who are viewing this thread

Back