B-17vsLancaster (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, the B-17 only looked good in coastal command colours

lol cheddar..... ive never seen a 17 in coastal colors could somebody find a pic please. i like them best in the classic olive drab and grey,like memphis belle

can some one get a pic of the 17 in coastal comand colors please?

C33303.jpg

Hot Space 8)

that thig makes it look like a frigen lancaster!!!! i dont like it,ill stay with the olive drap and grey or polished aluminum

One almost compares apples to oranges when putting the Lancaster up against the B-17. They were both very good at their intended roles, although I have to say I'd lean more towards the Lanc as the champion as it delivered a much heavier bombload (surprisingly accurately with the target marking techniques later in the war).

Easy to say the Lanc wouldn't survive quite as well in daylight as the B-17, but that's not what the Lanc was designed for, so its a moot point. Likewise, the B-17 was overarmed and armoured for flying at night.

As a closer, I visited the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum on the weekend and saw one of the world's two flying Lancasters (huzzah!), very beautiful and awe-inspiring. Even my "non-partisan" girlfriend who knows little about planes besides which end is the front and back decided the Lanc was her favourite plane of the museum (woohoo!)

-- Chris

that thig makes it look like a frigen lancaster!!!! i dont like it,ill stay with the olive drap and grey or polished aluminum

now we know why the lanc thinks it only looks good in those colours :|

and i agree with you, it does look better in olive drab and grey 8)

and is it just me or does the b-17 look quite modern for its time? :|

just you........................

BTW: that model in the pic is £99.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes the 17 looked modern for its time but the bomb load was not....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back