B-25 Flight Experience

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
I finally finished my web-based article on my B-25 flight that I took in August. You can view it here:
Van Gilder Aviation Photography, B-25 Flight Experience

Here is the banner I am using for it in the article section
b25febanner_7299.jpg

Enjoy!

Fantastic, Eric! Nothing sounds quite like a pair of R-2600's turning up
at takeoff power, and I can hear them just looking at the photo's!

I love the shot of the gunsite with the water in the background and the plane's shadow on the water.

DBII

Thats must of been thrilling! In Arizona the CAF is currently restoring a beautiful B-25 "Maid in the Shade" to my knowlegde it is going to give flights. One thing I have been looking forward to is a ride in "Sentimental Journey" which is a B-17g that is restored to combat status. (no comfortable seats here). Each flight cost around 400 dollars but is definitly worth it.
It would be a helluva experince to have the luck of getting a ride in one of these warbirds while the other is flying next to it.

Yep, it would be something to get an air-to-air shoot with some of the heavies. I have been through Sentimental Journey a number of times, both at the Wing there at Falcon Field and on it's visits to Camarillo. I haven't seen the newer facility at Falcon yet, but have heard it is very nice.

Come down to Texas and see if you can work a deal for Texas Raider and Thunderbird. I will buy the beer.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back