B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dear colleagues and friends, I hope you have enjoyed family Christmas celebrations, in the style of eachone in family and surrounded by good food, wine and rejoicing. :thumbright::hello2::thumbleft:

I share the small but very laborious progress that these dates allowed me in some free moments.
I finished making the exit holes to the remaining pipes

147.jpg

The small size of these pieces did not make the technique of hot and cold water very effective :facepalm: and even so, in some, the bend angle was broken (without detaching the piece in two parts), which allowed me to put about 3mm of acupuncture needle with the intention of reinforcing that "elbow" and also keep that bend in the desired angles, ... with a toothpick apply cyanoacrylate and sprinkle baking soda ...

148.jpg

To the four cylinders that I cut, I made holes for them and put a pin (to be able to place them with greater accuracy in their new positions). I cut that pin to an approximate 2mm so they do not obstruct the inside of the tube where the shaft of the propellers will pass ...

149.jpg

Here are the 3 exhaust pipes of the first series of cylinders and you can see the holes to place the cylinders of the second series ...

150.jpg
151.jpg

Making a dry fit, I placed those cylinders and in one of them I fixed with Tak, his pipe to determine the depth, inclination and accommodation to place them in the best position, according to what I can see in the actual photographs that I have.

152.jpg

153.jpg
154.jpg
155.jpg

:arcade: It really was a hard test to my patience, lucidity and moderation, because they were many very small pieces, to place in a position where "all" were in the place that corresponds to them (and all in a very small space!) :crazyeyes:

Placing the other two pipes of the second series was a bit more than impossible and for not to lose my sanity, only thus did the dry fit with all the cowling ...
:shocked!:
(are many pieces that are not stuck and achieve more or less the position correct, it was an odyssey !!)

... but I liked the appearance ... :D
What do you think?

156.jpg

I still have to finish detailing and planning how I am going to make the two uncovered areas coincide and logically linked with tubes and cables that connect both sections.
I'm also thinking about how to give a logical sequence to join the pieces and also allow me to paint all that space, taking into account that the back wall of the two banks of cylinders still has some details I want to do, and pipe that they can distinguish inside ...:-k

Well, I think it's all for the moment, I'll see you later.

Un fuerte abrazo y gracias por su compañía :thumbup:

Saludos
Luis Carlos

Dang Luis, I would be cross eyed I think if I did that, great job and keep it up :)
Thank you very much Paul, ... it has indeed been a very tiny job !! but it seems that it is fulfilling what I intend to achieve.
Gracias ;)

That's some serious work you are doing there Luis-Carlos. It will definitely pay off in the end with the open panels.
You are very kind Andy, it seems that it will be worth it; the process is a little slow, but it seems that the original idea that I had make these modifications, can have a good result.
Saludos ;)

For that reason I do not want to lose focus or concentration, ... so sometimes I prefer to interrupt, let more time pass or attend other sections of the plane.

I thank you both very much for your comments, they are very flattering. :thumbup::thumbup:

Fantastic work Luis. I'm working New Years Eve and New Years Day so in the event the internet isn't up...Feliz Año Nuevo mi amigo
My dear George, thank you very much for your comment and good wishes.
Definitely this 2018 will be a better year.
Here in Mexico has been a complicated year and personally with my business there was a difficult streak, but we are finishing a little "tied" and there are projects that can be developed to get ahead and resume a favorable course.
I also take the opportunity to wish you a successful end of the year and that 2018 will fill you with new opportunities and satisfactions.

Saludos cordiales hasta Canadá y seguimos en contacto. :salute::thumbup:

Really fine work there Luis, very well done indeed.
i think you need a rest and a few beers after all that !
I'm going to follow your advice Terry, for now I'm going to the movies with Magy and then at dinner, a couple of beers enjoying a good cut of meat !! \\:D/

Un abrazo amigo :thumbup:

Great work Luis! Beer and steak - sounds good to me :occasion5:
Thanks Kirby, it seems that this engine is taking shape.
Beer and steak was a nice way to end the day (I'm sure there are many of us who are from the same team)

Saludos amigo :thumbup:

It's a bit late now Luis, but I've just realised, I could have sent you the separate exhaust pipes from two Eduard Bf110 kits, 48 pipes in total, which might have saved you a bit of work. They're not exactly the right size or shape, but could easily have been adapted, and hollowed out at the ends.
If by any chance your scratch-built pipes don't work out to your satisfaction, and you'd like the Eduard pipes, let me know and I'll send them to you.

You are very kind, Terry; I thank you very much for your offer, it is a nice detail on your part. :arrow::thumbright:
It seems that my makings are acceptable.
I had one of the pipes lost, between my desk and the floor for two days; And yesterday I started to rub and clean the desk ... I found it and I was able to finish the last cylinder. :cool:
Let's see how all this ends, and if it is merely necessary, I'll look for you to reach an agreement and close the deal.

Again, I thank you very much for the offer.

Saludos compadre :thumbup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back