B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The advance of the morning today (taking advantage of that Magy went out to do some shopping :-k... #-o!!)

This couple of photos were taken before finding the third pipe that I had lost in the middle of my mess ...
You can see how the reinforcements that I made to the fold, with the acupuncture needles ...

157.jpg
158.jpg

One more time "I used my calculómetro" to get the pipes to stay at a distance and an approximate angle.

It seems that it will be the last dry fit, verifying that everything is in order. Cylinder 4 (indicated by the arrow) will not carry a pipe, because it will no longer be visible to the naked eye ...

159.jpg
160.jpg

Here you can see the acupuncture needles that I also used in some of the second folds of each pipe ...

161.jpg

The four cylinders that I moved backwards can be well aligned and in the correct position once everything is painted and then put each one. (You can see in the photo a little misaligned, but really it was very complicated to achieve a good shot)

162.jpg

Well, I'm going to try to make this disc that goes on the wall, behind the two groups of cylinders. It is an excellent photo:

b25-b1-jpg.473490.jpg

And we'll see what I can do to further detail that interior, ... this is another interesting photo:

motor corte7.jpg

... in a moment I share what I did to widen the front hole of the cowlings.

I will be back!!

:thumbup:

... making sure that the frontal hole is as close as possible proportionally speaking to the real engine; Among several good photos, this is one of the best:

motor corte11.jpg

I fixed my brush to get a diameter that gradually increased as I sanded the hole and enlarged it ...

163.jpg

... the difference between the two cowlings is notorious ...

164.jpg
165.jpg

Being a bit more explicit ...

166.jpg
167.jpg

... in case someone is interested and serves the data in the future. :idea::arrow::thumbleft:
(I must clarify that it was my calculómetro that gave me the proportion according to the real photos) It does not demand greater accuracy, for my personal purposes. [-X

This is how both finished pieces look, and yes, both have the same measure of opening

168.jpg

I will continue to put my hand on my B-25G, in the moments that I have ... I share this panoramic of my work center ...

169.jpg

You can see part of our Christmas tree at the bottom.

170.jpg

And in case I do not have the opportunity to post something (... still in this year), my wife Magy and I (... and also "La Mona" - my faithful companion in my workbench-)
...we wish you all have an extraordinary 2018 with blessings, lots of health, opportunities and satisfactions in the company of their loved ones.

Sincerely,
Luis Carlos :thumbup:\\:D/:thumbup:

That's some very slick work ! Looking forward to see the end result. I may have to switch up from 1:72 scale to give my eyes a break ! BTW, your work space makes mine look like it was bombed !

That's some very slick work ! Looking forward to see the end result. I may have to switch up from 1:72 scale to give my eyes a break ! BTW, your work space makes mine look like it was bombed !
I appreciate your flattering comment ;). In my youth, the planes I assembled were 1/72, there was no complaint from my eyes. Now that I took up modeling again, I decided it would be 1/48, to have the opportunity to do more details and on a scale that would allow me to make a good collection, without having to make an extension to the house !:D, but I think that they are taking a toll on my vision. :crazyeyes:
The saying goes that "everything to serve, ends", I just hope that there are still several years that allow me to enjoy therapy and my therapist. :notworthy:

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:

A very enthusiastic greeting for all of you in this my first post of 2018.
I updated my avatar and siggy, and I hope you like it.

These are my first photos of the year, continuing the process of my very detailed B-25G. :-\"
According to photo # 7 of post # 221, with some staples, pieces of confectionery, a strip of plastic stretched with heat and Tamiya tape, it occurred to me to make the piece.

171.jpg
172.jpg

...It does not look bad...=P~

With a welding wire with a resin core (that's what the label says), I made the tubes that come out of each one of the cylinders. In this photo the tubes of the first group of cylinders ...

173.jpg
174.jpg

... I was not left with the desire to see how they look with the wall:

175.jpg

For the second series of cylinders, I made a "grimace" with a drill, so that the welding wire could be better accommodated.

176.jpg
177.jpg

... I did the necessary folds according to the images I have ...

178.jpg

... and before leaving this section ready to paint, I made a dry fit.

179.jpg
180.jpg

Looks like it's ok.

I will continue working on other fragments of the B-25, while I also finish the discovered part, behind the cowling.

Thanks for all your visits and kind comments.

Saludos :thumbup:

Thanks colleagues, it's crazy what I got myself to do ... I'm in the process part of making that all the cables, tubes, the engine support structure and accessories in those little spaces ... match ... I just to spend more than 3 hours and still not finished!
I'm going to sleep for a while and we'll see what happens tomorrow. Rest (those who end their day) and excellent day (those who already dawned)
Cheers :thumbup:

Great work Luis, and Happy New Year.
What are the red beads for ?
Hello Terry, how are you, I also wish you an extraordinary year.
What I intend to resemble with those red beads are the "brass" pieces that are seen in photos # 7 and can also be distinguished in # 8 of post # 221.
Once I can apply the corresponding colors and weathering, I hope for the best possible appearance.

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back