B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy (2 Viewers)

The advance of the morning today (taking advantage of that Magy went out to do some shopping :-k... #-o!!)

This couple of photos were taken before finding the third pipe that I had lost in the middle of my mess ...
You can see how the reinforcements that I made to the fold, with the acupuncture needles ...

157.jpg
158.jpg


One more time "I used my calculómetro" to get the pipes to stay at a distance and an approximate angle.

It seems that it will be the last dry fit, verifying that everything is in order. Cylinder 4 (indicated by the arrow) will not carry a pipe, because it will no longer be visible to the naked eye ...

159.jpg
160.jpg


Here you can see the acupuncture needles that I also used in some of the second folds of each pipe ...

161.jpg


The four cylinders that I moved backwards can be well aligned and in the correct position once everything is painted and then put each one. (You can see in the photo a little misaligned, but really it was very complicated to achieve a good shot)

162.jpg


Well, I'm going to try to make this disc that goes on the wall, behind the two groups of cylinders. It is an excellent photo:

b25-b1-jpg.473490.jpg


And we'll see what I can do to further detail that interior, ... this is another interesting photo:

motor corte7.jpg


... in a moment I share what I did to widen the front hole of the cowlings.

I will be back!!

:thumbup:
 
... making sure that the frontal hole is as close as possible proportionally speaking to the real engine; Among several good photos, this is one of the best:

motor corte11.jpg


I fixed my brush to get a diameter that gradually increased as I sanded the hole and enlarged it ...

163.jpg


... the difference between the two cowlings is notorious ...

164.jpg
165.jpg


Being a bit more explicit ...

166.jpg
167.jpg


... in case someone is interested and serves the data in the future. :idea::arrow::thumbleft:
(I must clarify that it was my calculómetro that gave me the proportion according to the real photos) It does not demand greater accuracy, for my personal purposes. [-X

This is how both finished pieces look, and yes, both have the same measure of opening

168.jpg


I will continue to put my hand on my B-25G, in the moments that I have ... I share this panoramic of my work center ...

169.jpg


You can see part of our Christmas tree at the bottom.

170.jpg


And in case I do not have the opportunity to post something (... still in this year), my wife Magy and I (... and also "La Mona" - my faithful companion in my workbench-)
...we wish you all have an extraordinary 2018 with blessings, lots of health, opportunities and satisfactions in the company of their loved ones.


Sincerely,
Luis Carlos :thumbup:\\:D/:thumbup:
 
That's some very slick work ! Looking forward to see the end result. I may have to switch up from 1:72 scale to give my eyes a break ! BTW, your work space makes mine look like it was bombed !
 
That's some very slick work ! Looking forward to see the end result. I may have to switch up from 1:72 scale to give my eyes a break ! BTW, your work space makes mine look like it was bombed !
I appreciate your flattering comment ;). In my youth, the planes I assembled were 1/72, there was no complaint from my eyes. Now that I took up modeling again, I decided it would be 1/48, to have the opportunity to do more details and on a scale that would allow me to make a good collection, without having to make an extension to the house !:D, but I think that they are taking a toll on my vision. :crazyeyes:
The saying goes that "everything to serve, ends", I just hope that there are still several years that allow me to enjoy therapy and my therapist. :notworthy:

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:
 
A very enthusiastic greeting for all of you in this my first post of 2018.
I updated my avatar and siggy, and I hope you like it.

These are my first photos of the year, continuing the process of my very detailed B-25G. :-\"
According to photo # 7 of post # 221, with some staples, pieces of confectionery, a strip of plastic stretched with heat and Tamiya tape, it occurred to me to make the piece.

171.jpg
172.jpg

...It does not look bad...=P~

With a welding wire with a resin core (that's what the label says), I made the tubes that come out of each one of the cylinders. In this photo the tubes of the first group of cylinders ...

173.jpg
174.jpg


... I was not left with the desire to see how they look with the wall:

175.jpg


For the second series of cylinders, I made a "grimace" with a drill, so that the welding wire could be better accommodated.

176.jpg
177.jpg


... I did the necessary folds according to the images I have ...

178.jpg


... and before leaving this section ready to paint, I made a dry fit.

179.jpg
180.jpg


Looks like it's ok.

I will continue working on other fragments of the B-25, while I also finish the discovered part, behind the cowling.

Thanks for all your visits and kind comments.

Saludos :thumbup:
 
Thanks colleagues, it's crazy what I got myself to do ... I'm in the process part of making that all the cables, tubes, the engine support structure and accessories in those little spaces ... match ... I just to spend more than 3 hours and still not finished!
I'm going to sleep for a while and we'll see what happens tomorrow. Rest (those who end their day) and excellent day (those who already dawned)
Cheers :thumbup:
 
Great work Luis, and Happy New Year.
What are the red beads for ?
Hello Terry, how are you, I also wish you an extraordinary year.
What I intend to resemble with those red beads are the "brass" pieces that are seen in photos # 7 and can also be distinguished in # 8 of post # 221.
Once I can apply the corresponding colors and weathering, I hope for the best possible appearance.

Saludos :thumbup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back