B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A nice sequence with what involved FINALLY FINISHING the right engine! \\:D/

According to the schedule, it would be easier to paint and weather the cylinders individually and also to the rest of the engine.

194.jpg
195.jpg
196.jpg
197.jpg

The other parties involved ...

198.jpg

I still need to add some more details in the firewall.

To paint these interiors, I made them with brush and green zinc chromate from Model Air, which, as it is a thin paint, allowed to see the black color of the background and gave the appearance that I expected.

Thanks to that I made some dry fit, I realized the need to cut part of the front disc of the nacelle, otherwise, it would not have been possible to mount the new modified piece in the wing.
199.jpg
200.jpg

This was the variety of paintings that I used for the engines detailing and the interior of the nacelle. Enamels, acrylics, oils, chalk and a little liquid mask.

201.jpg

Finally the engine is glueded and finished. =P~

202.jpg

Kola-Loka is a very popular brand in Mexico that manufactures adhesives, cyanoacrylate and various industrial glues. It has very competitive prices and products in several presentations. :greedy:

Well, now it only remains for me to assemble the whole, but that will be soon.

Best regards and thanks for your many visits. :thumbup:

Fantastic looking engine and a lot of colour added. If you can find Citadel washes I would highly recommend them, especially Mud and Sepia. I find the Black a little stark but it would have its uses. Going to have to check what shade Flesh is.

upload_2018-1-19_20-4-23.png

I thought the Kola Loka was a pop. My go to pop right now is Mango Jarritos.....muy sabroso

jarr.png

I thought the Kola Loka was a pop. My go to pop right now is Mango Jarritos.....muy sabroso

Thanks Geo for your words. I have seen good references about Citadel washes and yes, I can get them here in Mexico.
Kola-Loka looks like a brand of soft drinks, ... it almost sounds like Coca-Cola; and Jarritos soft drinks, they are really tasty, I like it in guava and mandarin.

Looks great L-C. I could see with my limited Spanish that Kola-Loka can roughly translate to crazy glue, am I right?
Andy, your translation is correct. At the time of the Aztecs they invented a glue based on resins and ground plants that they called "cola", ... the company only changed the letter "K" and added "loca" (crazy). The official slogan says: Kola-Loka pega de locura!! (Kola-Loka glue of madness!!)

Saludos amigos :thumbup:

I'm back, thank you very much for your kind comments; they are all true "compadres" :greenjumpers:

Of the details missing in the firewall, this piece to the center with tubes on the sides and a thinner wire (oil "Y" drain):

203.jpg

I had to cut a piece of the inside of the wing to fit the firewall and the entire pipe ...

204.jpg

The Oil "Y" drain is ready; with a stretch of guitar string, I made a flexible tube, I liked the appearance. With the metallic guitar strings, you can make several details and their different thicknesses are very useful ...

205.jpg

Anticipating a little and foreseeing the weight that I should add on the tip of the plane, I will put some lead in both engines to help the correct balance of the bomber on its three tires. A plate used for the sports wheels balancing will be enough (arrow) and I fixed it with a little tak.

206.jpg

Some poses with the engine mounted in its place: :occasion5:

207.jpg
208.jpg
209.jpg
210.jpg

I already have both cowlings with the exhaust pipes hoods (14 pieces that the kit brings separately) attached to its correct location. It was entertaining the work of filing so that the small walls of each, were proportional to the correct scale, ... well, more or less! :rolleyes:

The last picture of the naked right motor of our B-25G: :cry2:

211.jpg

To add each cowling, the nacelle has to be mounted on its wing; but it will be more comfortable and simple to make small repairs with putty, sand and recover the rivets and lines of panels that are lost in the process; and then ride the cowlings.

It was some weeks that it took me to make this idea of the naked engine become reality. :nomouth:

I'm going to be able to continue with all the pending riveting and continue with the process of assembling our "Boca de Tiburón"

Hasta pronto compadritos! ...y gracias por estar presentes :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Very inspiring compliments my friends. It has been a fun process.
I wish we all have a prosperous and entertaining week. Greetings with appreciation.

:thumbup:

Hello everyone, I hope you are well and ready to enjoy a new weekend.

I am at this moment in the stage of the bombs that this kit has, ...

212.jpg

... thinning the stabilizers a bit ...

213.jpg

... :study: ...and in my growing interest to investigate and learn from my current model, I have found interesting information from friends of the forum that have shared me, and a topic uploaded in Tecnical > Weapons Systems Tech.> U.S. Bombs for Aircraft Manual by Geo (fubar57) on Jan 2015; It is worth consulting it and having it saved (as I did) :thumbleft: :idea: :thumbright:

The kit comes with 4 different types of bombs, for a total of 18. And I gave myself the task of identifying them to achieve the appropriate application of colors that correspond to the type, size and weight.
This is an extraordinary categorization and description, which allowed me to know what bombs I have frenter to me.

214.jpg

215.jpg

... these are by classificatory letter, my groups of bombs and as they come in the instruction sheet.

217.jpg
216.jpg

Now comes the interesting :-k ... and I appeal to your knowledge, experience and suggestions ... To determine what colors to use to paint them, I identify some color options in the case of the Bomb, Depth 350 lb. (A) that can be in Olive Drab or Gray both without stripes; The Bomb of 500 lb (O) identified as incendiary is Olive Drab with purple stripes according to what I can see from the following table:

219.jpg

... and those of 1000 lb. and 100 lb (P and G) in the traditional O.D. with yellow stripes. And I also share this image with the colors:

218.jpg

To achieve a greater diversity of colors in my B-25G aircraft, I intend to paint the pumps in this way:
A.- Gray
G.- Olive Drab with yellow stripes
O.- Olive Drab with purple stripes and
P.- Olive Drab with yellow stripes
Do you consider it correct and according to the reality of that time?
My interpretation and analysis is correct? (I did not get confused or err in my translation?) :-s

In a next series of photographs, I will also consult you on a couple of ideas to take advantage of the variety of pumps that this kit brings.

Pending your kind comments and suggestions, it's all for now and we keep in touch.

Hasta pronto :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back