B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I had pending this couple of photos in which I had to help me with my "pressure clamps", to achieve a perfect joint in the back of each engine (a bit of curvature was missing in the part of the wing to fit with the nacelle).

238.jpg
239.jpg

The work of riveting and some lines of panels that were missing, was a test to my patience and the resistance of my buttocks and spine :bucktooth: (I think that's why it took me so long) I saw myself in the need to interrupt constantly to take care of my plane and my physical integrity. :stop2:
The tape to isolate, has been very useful and the same as the blue tape of low adhesion, to draw straight lines and / or with slight curvatures.

240.jpg
241.jpg

I had a lot of fun on the lines drawn for the tip of the B-25 :headbang:

242.jpg
243.jpg

Those who know this kit know that it has very well made panels and rivets, but it lacks many!, When consulting the plans!

244.jpg
245.jpg

These are the sides of the fuselage and with this I finished the total lines of the entire plane.
Once the pieces are joined, I´ll retouch up what is necessary.

246.jpg
247.jpg

That´s all for now in images. The show continues on my desk :crazyeyes:

Saludos y excelente semana para todos.
:thumbup:

They are part of a small group of tiny jaws of rough use when I need something to stay inert! :D

Saludos mi estimado amigo :thumbup:

Looking good Luis! I like the depth that rivets can bring to the surface of a model.

Thank you guys for your visits and comments.
The night of yesterday and early morning today witnessed a marathon work! :coffee:

Starting to work on the tip, this is one of the best photos (among others) with which I helped to realize my idea.

b25-cannon_a-jpg.470648.jpg

With maskin tape, a pencil, a styrene sheet, scissors, a pair of fine-tipped tweezers and a little bit of calculations, I drew the pieces inside the top of the tip of the B-25

248.jpg

...the result:

249.jpg
250.jpg

I also started with the detailing of the main landing gear.
The legs that the kit brings have some tiny "forks", so thin that they did not even manage to inject the necessary plastic and the place where they decided to put the access of the "branch", it is a little uncomfortable place with the risk of hurting those details close.

251.jpg

I definitely opted to make my own "forks"

252.jpg

... this is a comparison between the detailed leg with the different hydraulic hoses and other things, with which the kit originally comes:

253.jpg
254.jpg
255.jpg
256.jpg

This is all for now, I hope you like it and I am attentive to any questions.

Hasta pronto y ...a seguirle! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Gracias Kirby y Terry
Saludos cordiales hasta Oceanía y el Viejo Mundo.
(Best regards to Oceania and the Old World. ;);))

:thumbup::thumbup:

Dzięki za ten kciuk, mój drogi przyjacielu W.
Uwielbiam tłumacza Google (mimo to potwierdzam, że tłumaczenie jest tym, co zamierzam powiedzieć) :D

Saludos :thumbup:

WOW Luis this is just awesome to see unfolding my friend. Loving every bit of progress with all the fantastic detail sir :)
Thanks bro, both learned and what remains to learn and I have enrolled in the taste for detail, I am glad to practice.
I'm working with the landing gear and I began to paint that inner content of the tip.

Un abrazo amigo :thumbup:

Continuing with the care of the details ...
The rims with their wheels ... it's the first time I have good year brand tires, ... so I remember a technique I seen somewhere, to paint them properly. It will be fun and constructive to practice it.

257.jpg

Mounted on the main landing gear ...

258.jpg
259.jpg

You will excuse some photos taken out of focus :snaphappy:, but my cell phone is capricious (remember it is provisional because my G8 decided to swim with me at sea :dead2:)
... an approach:

260.jpg

The inner part of the tip of the B-25G is ready!

261.jpg

The AMMO BOXES:

262.jpg

As a curious fact, in this small piece I used 9 different paintings between Tamiya, ModelAir and Humbrol enamels, ... I had never done this and I liked the result ... :)

263.jpg
264.jpg
265.jpg

The 3 finished pieces, now to wait its turn when it comes to painting the outside.

266.jpg

What follows is to paint the wheels and legs of the MLG, to varnish the interior of the fuselage with matte (with the exception of the bomb bay), to paint the bombs to place the ones that will go inside and ... to join the fuselage !!

We will continue on this path, ... thanks for joining me.

Saludos mis amigos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back