B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello again :salute:
I share the history of seat belts. The kit brings them but on a decal, so I decided to give them some "body" with Tamiya tape ...

267.jpg
268.jpg

... after a few washes and a light coat of mate varnish ...

269.jpg

270.jpg

... they were installed on the floor of the cabin. I put the co-pilot's seat, slightly further back (the co-pilot was a very tall person =P~)

271.jpg
272.jpg
273.jpg
274.jpg
275.jpg
276.jpg

I hope you like it. Later I show you how this piece will look on each of the inside sides of the fuselage.

Saludos y excelente semana para todos :thumbup:

Pit looks good Luis! Only minor comment is that there are what seem to be fairly obvious tide marks from the washes on the co-pilot's seat and floor? Best to blend them away with a brush moistened with thinners if necessary before clear coating.
Thank you very much for your observation Kiby; I noticed it at the time of the close up in the photos, :-k... I hope to improve the appearance, ... I had already applied a layer of matt varnish with isopropyl alcohol (40/60%) ... I'll try.
Siempre gracias por el aviso :thumbup:

Very nice looking cockpit module Luis, well done.
I don't know if you want to do it, and add some colour, but the back rest cushion on the pilot's seat was very often yellow, and doubled as a flotation aid. As shown in the colour drawing, it often also had the words 'US Air Corps' stencilled in black, but I think this was omitted when the Air Corps became the USAAF.
They might not have been fitted all of the time, but even those B-25s in RAF service could sometimes be seen with the yellow back rest cushion.

Interesting comment Terry, and it would be worth it (now that I have not closed the fuselage yet), I imagine that the yellow will be similar to the mustard color.

Gracias amigo :thumbup:

Their flattering comments make the taste and enjoyment of this, are giving better results. ;)
Thank you very much for your visits; I am sure that it is being very instructive and enriching for many of us, as well as for colleagues who start or discover like me (thanks to their contributions), new ways to continue learning, improve our skills and keep us enjoying.

More pics soon.
Gracias a todos. :thumbup:

This is the last photo of the previous series ...

277.jpg

And these are the ones that show how the interior of the cabin will look.
(the right side)

278.jpg
279.jpg
280.jpg
281.jpg
282.jpg

(I still have the recommendations of Kirby #327 and Terry #332 pending - I took these photos before-)

They will be able to observe that the IP is very at the bottom, below the "ledge" (I do not know the correct name of that flat surface where I will later put a gunsight)
(the left side)

283.jpg
284.jpg
285.jpg
286.jpg

I think that only you and I can see this IP in detail :confused:... it is very deep, at the bottom.
As I can see in several original photographs of the B-25, there must be about 5 or 6 inches (12 to 15 cms.) Of the IP on the edge of that "ledge"
One option that I am considering is not to put glue to the cockpit (glass roof), to be able to see the interiors ...

Well, ... continue what follows! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back