B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Luis.
Note that those large 'hoops' around the bombs in the colour pic, are 'rolling rings', used for handling the bombs on the ground, and literally used for rolling them around in the bomb dump. They were removed before loading into the aircraft.

Thanks Terry for the observation, I could see in other images and videos, the way they manipulated the bombs with those ring; .... and thank you very much everyone for your comments. :grouphuuug:
We are out of town, but soon I return to therapy.
Best regards. :thumbup:

Thank you John, I am pleased with your visit and with your new project, there will be a lot to continue learning.

A detail that occurred to me in this air intake on the right wing, ...

226.jpg
227.jpg

... later in the photographs I mention one with arrows and (**), and the air intake on the left wing is different. I have not found a clear image in the network and I do not know if it has a mesh or I simply make the holes (so that it is not only painted in black). :-k What do you think?

Now, of the 4 types of pumps that the kit includes, the instructions do not indicate how to use all of them (only those of the bombs bay and of a single type); So based on this image, I opted to include the wing bomb racks:

220.jpg

... and with strips of tape I made those belts that you see in the image.

221.1.jpg
221.2.jpg
221.3.jpg

With these two images I could see how the bombs are arranged.

221.jpg
222.jpg

It is likely that my choice was not possible in times of war, but the depth charges will go on the inside of the wings and the 100 lbs. bombs on the outside. (I used tak to fix them)

223.jpg
225.jpg

Then I share the pictures of the bomb bay and the way I will have the 500 lbs. and 1000 lbs. bombs In this way the different types of bombs will shine and make my medium bomber more striking.
This is all for now, I look forward to your kind comments and until next time.

Saludos :thumbup:

Nice work Luis! That thing that is moulded on the port wing looks to be a poor representation of the oil cooler intake.

B25_Fl_4412_cutaway_BG.png

I'm not enough of a B25 nut to know why it is different from what is on the starboard wing. This picture suggests there is no visible mesh in the duct entrance.

b-25-oil-cooler-intake-duct.jpg

Very good information Kirby. The images are very clear; so then I will make those holes in the port wing. Thank you very much for the support and quick response.
Muchísimas gracias :thumbup:

Again back, colleagues and friends.
This new oil cooler duct entrance is ready. Thanks Kirby for those images. :salute:

229.jpg
230.jpg

BTW, in some photographs of my version of the bomber, I seem to see that the landing lights, "do not bring" the glass that covers the focus at the edge of the wing; that's right? :!: Because in the vast majority of the B-25 and other versions, they are covered with glass (or similar material). Thanks in advance, if someone can inform me. :idea:

The bomb racks were left in place ...

231.jpg

This is the way in which I will place the two remaining types of bombs (I do not know if in real life it was possible that these bombers could carry these two types of bombs simultaneously), but only in this way could I show all the bombs that the kit brings. :nailbiting:

232.jpg
234.jpg

When the starboard pumps were mounted with tak, the rack came off (hence the blue arrow). But it is already in place again and the bombs are waiting to be painted. :smuggrin:

233.jpg

To have a better knowledge of reality, please have the confidence to inform me if they could carry those two types of bombs. :study:

The piece that completes the bomb bay, is already attached in its position.

235.jpg
236.jpg
237.jpg

I only need to apply a layer of matt varnish to the interior of the entire fuselage, including the cockpit and the structures of the two turrets, except the bomb bay.

For all the interior windows, I already did a first test with pieces of a container of Coca-Cola of 2.5lts. (polyethylene terephthalate -PET-), the transparency, the thinness and the curvature of a part of the container, makes a practically perfect splice. :thumbleft: I really liked the finish.:thumbright:

Soon I will share the photos. But to be able to do this, I must confess that I still have pending to finish the riveting of the body of the B-25 (I hope to finish it in a couple of days)

It's all for now, hasta pronto amigos! :thumbup:

Nice fix on the oil cooler duct Luis! Re. the bomb payload, the shot you have looking down the fuselage shows the bombs overlapping which I presume means the different types of bombs couldn't be dropped separately. I have no idea whether that matters or whether this sort of mixed load was a common configuration.

Thanks for your comments Kirby, it is very likely that you are right.

The five bombs that I presented, I stuck them with tak and they do not look well aligned, but I could see at the moment that they had the correct position (the one I want), that there was a small space between the two rows.
It is very likely that there was no option to combine these two types of bomb in real action; but I think I can live with that and show off my "Shark Mouth armed to the teeth" in my showcase.

Un fuerte abrazo mi amigo y gracias :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back