B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fantastic work Luis! I really like this model a lot. Your patience really paid of! Also the fact you took your timeto make and scratch build all the details makes this build a master class!

Fantastic work Luis! I really like this model a lot. Your patience really paid of! Also the fact you took your timeto make and scratch build all the details makes this build a master class!
My dear Belgian friend, these are very flattering words.
Sometimes I have come to think that it is too long, and "that limits me" to delay the pleasure of continuing to increase my collection. At the same time that I recognize that "patience" is yielding results that I did not expect, what satisfies me so much with my advances in modeling, learning and gratitude for the camaraderie that exists between people "so distant and at the same time, so close".
I think my therapist is still making progress in my person.
I send you a hug Jerry and thank you.
Buen fin de semana y saludos

Beautifully done Luis! All of the layers have built up to add depth to your B-25. The sanding of the decals was a very nice touch and something that you don't see very often (chipping on the decals).

Beautifully done Luis! All of the layers have built up to add depth to your B-25. The sanding of the decals was a very nice touch and something that you don't see very often (chipping on the decals).
Thanks John, I am flattered by your comment, knowing the extraordinary way to work on your models. The effort is worth it.

I must be made clear, that I am not discovering "boiling water", I am not innovating anything, I am simply making a motivated effort in the follow-up and learning of a video of MM Scale Models and with great interest I am applying it as one more option for improve the appearance of our models.

This new procedure (for me), has more phases, and some that I will also experience for the first time. I hope you also enjoy them and do not stop making your comments and recommendations.

Saludos y pronto habrá más avances

Will surely look fantastic when finished. One of the first medium bombers i built was this model and type. Lots of fun and a great end result once the decals put the finishing touches to it. I could stare at these things for hours. Good luck with rest of the build

After a week of hard work and exits out of town, I share the advances.

This is just a couple of photos with the application of oil paintings on panel lines and rivets. The colors I used were green sap and asphalt ...

After removing the surplus of oils with napkin paper and cotton swabs, this is how it looks in some of its parts.

Apply a pair of 50% of thinner and 50% clear matt layers to the entire aircraft and its finished accessories. The four parts of the previous sequence ...

I return with the last sequence of photos, until now ...

... I´m back...
I have in my process file of our B25G, ... 562 pictures until now! I think I've abused again! (apart from my B-24D ... ...)
These are just some of the "Shark Mouth" full-body ...

A side window and the accessories ...

I think I'm going to let the fuselage rest a bit, because there are still a couple of phases that I will also do for the first time and the last details in exhausts, gasoline stains, grease, dust and dirt.

So I'll work on the propellers, the landing gear legs, tires, pumps, the inside of the pump bay gates, etc. ...
I still have to work on several things!

I hope you like them and they will give me their comments. Enjoy the weekend.

Working with the propellers ...
After the base of white color for the tips, I applied the yellow and with tape, I masked those 2mm. to paint in black.
I also prepared the other pieces that will wear black. The bomb bay doors, they look much better than my first attempt, some time ago ... hehehe

... the process of masking the blades ... and the application of polished aluminum from alclad II

"I do not know the correct name" of the metal piece that holds each blade, ... I painted it with flat aluminum XF-16 with a small brush ...

After applying a light wash with oils (asphalt and toasted shade), also at the doors of the bomb bay ...

It's all for now, I'll continue with the other external parts and their finish.

Saludos y buenas noches

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread