B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you for your compliments, Geo, W and Gerry. :occasion5:

A question to the group: I do not believe that in the 40s, there have been colorful tubes and hoses; What do you think? and if not, what colors would be indicated for the airplane to look like that time.
Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Perhaps these could be helpful..

b25-a.jpg

b25-b.jpg

The first and fourth images I have, but the quality and resolution is much higher than what I got on the net. The five are so very good pictures!
Thank you very much Wojtek, they will help me to give me a clearer idea.
:thumbup:

And one more showing the pipes and cables behind the engine. Not of great quality but should be useful too.

B-25_e.jpg

I can distinguish, flexible hoses lined with interlaced nylon thread, aluminum tubing, a white hose, some blue nuts and rigid tubes painted in olive green.
It is an excellent photo and the approach allows me to see some internal structures in a bluish gray tone.

I do not think I'll make all that "nest" of cables, tubes and hoses [-X, but yes, :-k the most representative ones that can be seen on this scale.

Dzięki za zdjęcia, przyjacielu. " están padrísimas!! " :thumbup:

Last edited:
Taking advantage of the inertia, I only show you the diameter of the opening of the cowling, which brings this particular kit; of which I have read comments on some pages of modeling, making reference to that it is a reduced opening with respect to the real one.

98.jpg

These are some real images ...

motor corte11.jpg
motor corte12.jpg
motor corte13.jpg
motor corte14.jpg

Modelers who have not resorted to aftermakers, have solved by sanding with a circular sandpaper and doing so, until the appropriate measure.
We will see how it works for me, but it will be later during the process.

What do you think? :-k

Saludos :thumbup:

Undoubtedly the diameter of the intake of the engine cowling is too small. If I would make the model and needed to correct that I would remove the engine area firstly. I would do that carfully because I could use the front part of the engine for its new replic. Then I would use a couple of round sticks covered with a sandpaper. These sticks should be of three different diameters and covered with the sandpaper of different grades. The last one should be of the correct diameter for the opening in the cowling.

Some good reference photos there.
Note that the green 'tubes' are the engine bearers.

The 'Quckboost' resin cowlings are well worth getting. Resin replacements are probably available as, if the kit cowls are enlarged, it would then be difficult to create the return lip on the inside of the opening.
I used the resin set on my RAF Mitchell II (which I must finish some day), and the quality is very impressive, with the separate exhausts moulded in.

Mitchell Build 002.JPG

Really great modelling Luis! I love your attention to detail and your creativity inorder to achieve this amounth of detail!

Another tumps up for the Quickboost replacements. I think they are among the best aftermarket you can get for a very fair price.
The are generally very accurate and well worth your money, they are well instructed and pleasant to work with end much less hassle then some other aftermarket. They also use a nice odorless dark grey resin that has more of less the properties of hard plastic with a superb amounth of detail.

Some good reference photos there.
Note that the green 'tubes' are the engine bearers.

The 'Quckboost' resin cowlings are well worth getting. Resin replacements are probably available as, if the kit cowls are enlarged, it would then be difficult to create the return lip on the inside of the opening.
I used the resin set on my RAF Mitchell II (which I must finish some day), and the quality is very impressive, with the separate exhausts moulded in.

View attachment 473654
Thanks for the clarification on the motor bearers. :salute:
It will be easier for me to identify and differentiate that bearers structure, with respect to other pipes and wiring.

Excellent your share Terry, and I hope we can all see your RAF B-25

Saludos :thumbup:

I intend to get if finished in the not too distant future Luis.
The build stalled after I had problems with the final matt clear coat, but I intend to re-touch some areas, and then re-spray a new varnish, and get the model completed in a diorama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back