B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With this amount of comments and cheers, motivation does not decline and inspiration remains.
Thank you very much Huge, Terry, Wojtek, Spielman, Kirby, Wayne and Paul. :grouphuuug:
I hope to be sharing more photos, now that the advance merits it.

A hug for everyone from the country of Mariachi! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hello Jerry and Darryl, thank you for your comments. :thumbleft: :headbang: :thumbright:
Jenga has been an ideal partner in this manufacturing ... :D

In my madness to do a better job on the front panel of instruments, after burning my eyes, making some interior of the dials with a brush; I opted to cut each one of the decal that includes the kit. :shock:

What I did was split it in half and start cutting each dial ...

77.jpg
78.jpg

:idea:.. !!, ... later, to each "individual piece" ... I cut the corners, so they enter each hole. :-s
... and I repeated the same thing with the other half of the decal ...

The result:

79.jpg
80.jpg
81.jpg
82.jpg

It should be mentioned that in the original decal of the kit, the dials did not coincide with the way they are arranged in the piece of transparent plastic! :scratch:
I even occupied all the dials of the decal over the FPI and "I had 2 more dials", which I took to put on the boards of the interior, in the central section where the upper turret is located.

I think I already have all the interiors and their contents, ready and painted. I will apply one or two light coats of bright varnish, to make the corresponding washings.

... until the next session. :wave:

Greetings and excellent week for all. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Wow, Luis... did you cut out all of the individual dial decals by hand? Without a punch set? Amazing!

Wow, Luis... did you cut out all of the individual dial decals by hand? Without a punch set? Amazing!
Hahaha, ... that's why it took me so long!
I have a "punch" being of 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, etc., but they are individual pieces of metal and (besides not giving the measurements that it requires) it would hurt the paper of the decal; so, I better went for the long route, ... and for the first time I try, it was not so bad.
I struggled a bit to get into each hole and there are some mistakes, but it is so small, that almost will not be noticed.
Thanks for your comment John.

:thumbup:

Gracias mis compadres "Tony Hill y Airframes" :thumbright::thumbleft:

Hello again.

I decided to make a dry fit with the complete structure of the two turrets and check that everything fits correctly (there are several pieces that must be well aligned to make a perfect fit) ... :-k
The upper turret:

83.jpg

Both turrets:

84.jpg

The lower turret, up side down and a look from the bombs bay:

85.jpg
86.jpg

In correct position (the hollow of the BB at the bottom)

87.jpg

A look at the sides of the cockpit

88.jpg
89.jpg

Another approach without flash (I felt emulating one of the formidable photos of Gerry and his Lanc !!, ...- that is a job in the interiors! -)

90.jpg

Well, I already have all the inside pieces and ready to give them a coat of bright varnish, to start with the washings.

91.jpg

I hope you like it :thumbup:

Hasta pronto!

Muchas gracias amigos míos.

It has been a busy start to my business (fortunately this week), but I am looking for a space to continue moving forward in our B-25G project.

Saludos :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

There is little time and little progress, ...I share some photographs.

The walls of the bombs bay are ready ...

92.jpg
93.jpg
94.jpg

I started with the assembly of the engines ...

95.jpg
96.jpg
97.jpg

Now I'm in the dilemma :shock:, ... but I think I'll take the step! ...:crazy:

motor corte1.jpg

motor corte2.jpg
motor corte4.jpg
motor corte7.jpg

I'm going to arm myself with courage and I think about removing some panels to the right engine, in order to detail and show part of the inside of the engine. :-k :-s
I have these and other photos to be able to have the best references.

As I mature the idea of how I'm going to do it; I'm about to give a layer of matt varnish to the entire interior of the fuselage and start working on the layout of the rivet lines.

There is still much to be done...:arrow:

Greetings and I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Hasta pronto! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back