B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great work Luis! The interior seems to be fairly well detailed but you've enhanced it greatly with your additions. You seem to handle these big interiors very well!

Thanks John, it seems that the practice has its dividends. ;)

I just applied the black base to everything that will go in aluminum (good to almost everything, because there are still missing pieces and spaces, which will be painted in a second session for aluminum), ... I'll let it dry until tomorrow and Then I take some photos with whatever comes up.

Cheers :thumbup:

A detail before starting to paint ...
According to the photo shared by Paul in post # 71, here is how I took advantage of one of the two bullets that I cut.

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

The first application of black and additional colors for this first phase of painting ...

55.jpg

The masking of the bombs bay to apply Duraluminum by Alclad II

56.jpg

57.jpg

With the applied color highlighted the "boot-molds" that I did not detect at first, in the floodgates ...

58.jpg

Later I could also see that the inner sheet was very rough (imagine how that would look on the scale of 1: 1) Here is a real picture that I found on the web:

60.1.jpg

So I started sanding that surface to correct that serious error in the mold; and after different fine sandpapers, that detail was resolved.

60.jpg

The moment I work with the painting of the landing gear, then I will repaint the floodgates. (the leg of the front landing gear is already detailed and painted)

Well my colleagues, this is all for now, tomorrow will be another day.
Have a fun weekend and if we can do something for our hobby, enjoy it 100%

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

George, I take this opportunity to tell you that the information and images of the file that you did share are impressive!!.
Those diagrams with the riveting will be a challenge. The kit has very well detailed the metal canvases with their rivets, but it lacks more or less than 70% of the total riveting of the aircraft.
It's going to be a little slow and I'm sure there will be several sessions to overcome impatience and hurry to do it.
There is a lot to do for this great bomber.

Regards compadre :thumbup:

Thank you for your visits and comments, my dear gentlemen. ;)

I have spent some nights with their early mornings and I continue with what is beginning to be the detail of the interiors ... :coffee:

Giving continuity to the 75 mm gun, I finished with the colors ...

61.jpg
62.jpg

I still have to apply the washings ... to everything that I have advanced so far ... :-\"

... I really liked these pieces to mount on the walls of the bombs bay; they allowed me to make a light wiring that with the different colors applied will make the walls look a lot, once finished.

63.jpg

... the external parts to the bombs bay ...

64.jpg
65.jpg

Based on several images I try to make these internal sides of the fuselage as real as possible. I have not been able to really verify what can be observed once the two pieces are joined. But still, I will be satisfied with the photos, the whole hours enjoying, practicing and improving some things. :D
For now this is the port side ( I must start using more precise terminology and military language - I´m ok? :study:)

66.jpg
67.jpg

On the front panel, there are still several things to do, but this is an advance ... 8-[

68.jpg
69.jpg

Finally (in this sequence), I show them the trimmed co-pilot seat and also the thinning of the backrest, with respect to the pilot's.

70.jpg

I will also do the same to the pilot's seat, to make them more in line with the real scale.
Also I already have thought how to make that tubular structure that has the backs, and in the case of the pilot, make that armored plate that protects his backrest. (post #21)

... it's all for now, I will continue to take advantage of the time I have to attend to my therapist timely! :laughing6:

Hasta el próximo bloque fotográfico (while I keep moving on this. Slow, sometimes tired, but I really enjoy the result - satisfactions, usually demand sacrifice-)

Saludos :thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Last edited:
Thanks old guys :headbang:

Last night, I worked on my idea to finish the pilot and co-pilot seats. And I share them once.
With a clip, I made the tubes that hold the seats ...

71.jpg

With a strip of styrene, I gave the estimated distance, and how I will have to cut the wire with small tweezers, but for rough use; I used my favorite mix to achieve a solid bond.

72.jpg

... with blue tape, I made the supports of the seats and take advantage of the bar code of a disused card, to make the armored plate of the pilot's seat. I gave a brush stroke of CA to the blue tape, on both sides for better reinforcement.

73.jpg
74.jpg

... the appropriate colors for the finished pieces.
The color of the seats is a combination of yellow green XF-4 and deep green XF-26 to differentiate them to the overall color of the cabin.
The armored plate is 100% XF-26
The tubes are the natural color of the clip.

75.jpg

I'm going to let the pieces dry, to join the armored plate to the seat and once mounted on the floor of the cabin, light chipings and washing will come.

A temporary presentation of the pieces practically finished.

76.jpg

Greetings and see you soon ... :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back