B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One question, in the B-25G, does this type of seating also come from?

11.jpg

Does anyone have a better picture of the seats that correspond to our version?

Gracias por adelantado! :pilotsalute:

LC, I have checked on all my references for the B-25 and nothing was found for the pilots' seats. Also looking at pics of the plane I got an impression that there could have been attached really different types of the chair. It seems that there were two or three variants of that. Additionally I have read somewhere that both the pilot's seat and the one for the co-pilot could be of the same type. I didn't found any image that may confirm that clearly though. However I would like to pay your attention to the second pic I posted above. I have enlarged the part with the cockpit canopy. Can you see?... There can be noticed something that looks like the headrest attached to the armour plate behind the seat. And this can indicate the pilot's seat was of the variant you posted. Regarding the co-pilot's chair.. it might have been of the same type the pilot's one. But it is just my idea only.

b-25G _a.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your time and support W, I had thought to put the copilot seat trimmed.

Yesterday at night with epoxy putty, I put cushion on both seats and in the pilot I made his back cushion.
It is probable that both leave them like this and the back of the copilot only gives details of the scraped and worn paint. I can see that the two options for the copilot seat can be valid (trimmed or not), and give an originality detail to my cockpit with the seats. In both cases they will be different from each other; in addition to the shield plate in the pilot's seat.

We will see if any other comments and / or images of our colleagues and friends arise. I have time while I entertain myself in other places.

Again, thank you very much, my Polish friend.

Saludos compadre :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The two small seats above where found in the H model with the wood one the early model and metal one the later model seat, In the G model they had a similar seats meaning the pilot and co pilot seats identical or almost identical. Some thing like the pair below from the book Warpath across the Pacific by Lawrence J Hickey though I am not sure exactly what model these two came from. Off hand I am thinking these are from a D model B-25J.

seat.jpg

Last edited:
Yep.. I think the variant of the pilot's seat was attached there. A nice shot Paul. :thumbright:

Thanks my friend, This weekend I will see if I can dig up some more pictures but I if I remember right there are very few shots of it, If any of the seats other then the one I remember above.

The two small seats above where found in the H model with the wood one the early model and metal one the later model seat, In the G model they had a similar seats meaning the pilot and co pilot seats identical or almost identical. Some thing like the pair below from the book Warpath across the Pacific by Lawrence J Hickey though I am not sure exactly what model these two came from. Off hand I am thinking these are from a D model B-25J.

View attachment 470523
Very interesting photo, Micdrow; It seems that the uncertainty about the two seats of the cabin is a good subject to clarify.
What seems to be true is that there is a variety of seat types between the pilot and co-pilot. If you can get those photos over the weekend, they will help us to clarify this topic further.

Un abrazo. :thumbup:

I just remembered a set of walk around pictures I had found a while back of a B-25H model at the Life website. In this photo you can partly see the short co-pilot seat with armor plate behind it. Second one shows back of seat but nice view of the 75mm cartridge rack. Everything I have read so far says that pilot and co-pilot seats where the same for the B-25G model. Of interested you can see the bicycle gunner seat for the top turret as well.

All the best
Paul

2826a7bf9be2273c_landing.jpg

12493714_1700347936877862_7278664932731586762_o.jpg

Last edited:
You will have to remember the G model was basically a modified C model B-25 with a French 75 mm cannon that was heavier than the cannon in the B-25H model. Weapons for the G had two 50 caliber machine guns in the nose where the H had 4.

Hope this helps :)

All the best
Paul

Great. :cool:

Paul, would you be so kind and attach the file to the section for the aircraft camouflage and markings? Unless it has already been uploaded there.Then never mind... :)

What a good resolution in the photos, Paul, and I am convincing myself to make the co-pilot's seat trimmed.

The little I have read, now that I started this medium bomber, of those modifications that differ from the B-25C and the H, the 75mm cannon and the pair of frontal machine guns are the most characteristic IMHO.
Something new for me, is what your last photograph says about the dark blue outline of the national insignia (to cover the red contour). The kit decals bring the two versions (but indicate to put the ones with the red contour - one of the discrepancies that come to exist with the instructions), but then the right thing to do is to put the ones with the dark blue outline. Now that I see color photos of this version, the outline is actually as your photo indicates.

Thank you very much, my friends for your support and interest. Again a very interesting information is being formed to continue learning, enjoy an interesting assembly process and can also serve as reference and consultation for future interested in this B-25G. :occasion5:

Today is a holiday in Mexico " El Día de los Muertos" (The Day of the Dead), ...so I hope to continue moving forward a bit.
Soon some photos of the achieved.

Saludos :thumbup:

What a good resolution in the photos, Paul, and I am convincing myself to make the co-pilot's seat trimmed.

The little I have read, now that I started this medium bomber, of those modifications that differ from the B-25C and the H, the 75mm cannon and the pair of frontal machine guns are the most characteristic IMHO.
Something new for me, is what your last photograph says about the dark blue outline of the national insignia (to cover the red contour). The kit decals bring the two versions (but indicate to put the ones with the red contour - one of the discrepancies that come to exist with the instructions), but then the right thing to do is to put the ones with the dark blue outline. Now that I see color photos of this version, the outline is actually as your photo indicates.

Thank you very much, my friends for your support and interest. Again a very interesting information is being formed to continue learning, enjoy an interesting assembly process and can also serve as reference and consultation for future interested in this B-25G. :occasion5:

Today is a holiday in Mexico " El Día de los Muertos" (The Day of the Dead), ...so I hope to continue moving forward a bit.
Soon some photos of the achieved.

Saludos :thumbup:

Now remember the G model did not have the half seat as it was a modified C model. Only the H model did away with the full co-pilot seat. I will do some more digging but I think the first picture I posted is correct for the G model but will do some more reading this weekend :)

Glad I could be of some help. I will look closer at the marking as well this weekend :)

Depending on how accurate you want to be you might find this interesting as this is the color codes for the B-25
Great. :cool:

Paul, would you be so kind and attach the file to the section for the aircraft camouflage and markings? Unless it has already been uploaded there.Then never mind... :)

I am not sure if its in the camouflage, I started creating my own B-25 book and this was something I had added that I found in a B-25 manual. I will look this weekend and if not upload it there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back