B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1ab.jpg

Email sent Luis

My friends, I greet you with pleasure. :)

To the pair of machine guns of the lower turret of the fuselage it is necessary to make two folds (like those of the box of ammunition of the front), but the plastic is so thin, that it ended up breaking. So I had to replace it with a strip of styrene, so I did the repair ...

34.jpg
35.jpg

I'm going to let the glue dry, and then I finish the piece. :-\"

To work on assembling the ammunition magazine for the 75mm gun, I had my first discrepancy with the instructions, ... the piece does not fit! #-o
I have to assembled the cockpit and the 75mm gun, and I joined it with Tamiya tape, along with the bomb bay structure, to check the spaces ...

36.jpg

37.jpg

There's no way to fit it [-( ... so I had to cut the piece and leave two projectiles out of the game ...

38.jpg

Only thus could it fit ... even the piece (K16) that I mention with an arrow in the first photo, does not have space to put it down, so it was also left out ...

39.jpg
40.jpg

Once reviewed the entire area, I made the adjustments with sandpaper to the piece and it is already joined in its place ... :hotsun:

41.jpg

It is becoming interesting and somewhat laborious to work with the different sections and the sets of pieces that make them up.
Yes, it demands some concentration and patience, because many are small pieces that run the risk of breaking up; and I must be in a continuous way, joining the fuselages with the pieces inside to verify that everything fits correctly.

Partly because of the same I have not begun to paint anything, and take advantage of naked plastic, to get the best job of the glue and the best possible cleaning.

... :-k ... I believe that this can be a reference and useful for someone who is encouraged to work in this kit. It is a good challenge and I will have to go out in the best possible way; out of these details (which I think are just beginning), I think we can do a good job and that is where our skills and resources are tested, to admire, at the end, this bomber on our shelves !!
... I'm slow, but offering resistance to enjoy, have fun and keep moving forward.
Now, I am convinced that there are complicated kits, with flaws in their design and is part of what this hobby offers us.

Gracias por sus visitas y comentarios, still in touch :thumbup::thumbup:

It just dawned on me on the shells for the B-25G model. So if you remember on page 2 in thread #32 I showed you the inside gunner position of a B-25H. Note the shells are in the up position. In the G model they are across like your model shows. I remembered reading that the case had armor added to it for more projection against flak and such. After seeing your model I remembered seeing a picture of shells on there side and just found it again which would be how the shells where in the B-25G and the breach load to the cannon. Hope these help.

All the best
Paul

B-25G b.jpg
B-25G.jpg

Last edited:
It just dawned on me on the shells for the B-25G model. So if you remember on page 2 in thread #32 I showed you the inside gunner position of a B-25H. Note the shells are in the up position. In the G model they are across like your model shows. I remembered reading that the case had armor added to it for more projection against flak and such. After seeing your model I remembered seeing a picture of shells on there side and just found it again which would be how the shells where in the B-25G and the breach load to the cannon. Hope these help.

All the best
Paul

View attachment 471143 View attachment 471144
Those are some great pictures Paul =D>, now that I had to cut two of the shell cartridges, with your second picture, I'm going to put one of the "bullets" in the gun's magazine, just like the pic.

Thanks, ... back with the photos of yesterday's advance ... :thumbup:

... well, the lower turret was also finished. Ready for painting. :cool:

42.jpg
43.jpg

Starting with my vice for detailing some missing details in the bomb bay ... 8-[

45.jpg

... on the back wall is minimal what can be added ... but already have a pair of wires

46.1.jpg

That's how the front wall was (what we can see as floor in the photos, really is the roof of the bomb bay ...)

46.jpg
47.jpg

The two sides of the fuselage with the parts that can be adhered ...

48.jpg
49.jpg

These are the racks that hold the pumps, they are superimposed on the wall of each side.

50.jpg

It seems that I can start painting, I´ll use Alclad II for the interior of the B.B., the landing gear (I still have to see if I can detail some hydraulic ducts) in a first stage of aluminum.
The cabin and sides of the fuselage in their corresponding colors ...

Well, the road is still long, but fun ... and well accompanied is motivating and I'm still learning very interesting things.
(BTW, the information that you sent me Geo, ... "it's all a B-25 book :shocked!:!!" ... I'm reading it and I'm just on page 105 !!)

Many thanks to all the guys for the support and comments ... :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy:

Saludos :thumbup:

What a great build Luis! I really enjoy seeing the B-25 come allong...You're doing a great job!
If it's gonna be as good as your recent B-24, then we're in for a treat!

I really like how you spruce up your interiours by adding all kinds of wires and small detail.
Thanks for sharing this great build. I really should start stocking some of the smaller diameter solder wire as it seams to be easier to work with then copper wire.

Next time I see a AM or Academy re-edition of the B-25 at a model show, I'm sure gonna be tempted...
They sometimes show up used for little money, espcialy now a lot of modellers are moving up scale to 1/32, 1/48th scale modelers can score great deals...

What a great build Luis! I really enjoy seeing the B-25 come allong...You're doing a great job!
If it's gonna be as good as your recent B-24, then we're in for a treat!

I really like how you spruce up your interiours by adding all kinds of wires and small detail.
Thanks for sharing this great build. I really should start stocking some of the smaller diameter solder wire as it seams to be easier to work with then copper wire.

Next time I see a AM or Academy re-edition of the B-25 at a model show, I'm sure gonna be tempted...
They sometimes show up used for little money, espcialy now a lot of modellers are moving up scale to 1/32, 1/48th scale modelers can score great deals...
I appreciate your kind words Jerry, and they flatter me.
The truth is that I really enjoy the opportunity to sit down and work on this; As I have mentioned, I consider it a relaxation therapy (although it implies dedication and commitment).
The camaraderie and how much I can learn from all of you, have definitely marked a huge difference, knowledge and progress in me.
I like to build models from young and normally alone, but now communications, internet and the growth of the industry, ... it's a separate thing !!
I appreciate having decided after more than twenty years of having left.

Gracias amigo :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back