B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Dr. Huge for your visit. :salute:

The assembly of the first sections, are very easily explained in the instructions, but it requires some juggling to make the pieces are correctly ...

12.jpg

I like to think about how I'm going to achieve it, ... and this thing occurred to me to be able to have an assembly at right angles and different levels that should be parallel.

13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg

Everything was checked on both sides of the fuselage by dry fits, to have the correct distances.
A little work, patience and think things through, to avoid any error as much as possible. :confused:

Thus it was concluded and completed, this first section ...

17.jpg

Very rudimentary my way of achieving the expected result, but I'm happy when I can help me with utensils that I'm collecting around the house ... hehehe :laughing6:

We can see the difference in the seats, the one on the left is narrower, after filed and sanding to improve the appearance to the real ones.

18.jpg

With an epoxy mass I made the cushions and the backrest of the pilot's seat, details are still missing and I do not know if the seat of the co-pilot will go like this or trimmed ...

19.jpg

The seats are not yet attached to the floor; It will be after detailing and painting the entire cabin, to then place them in their place.

That's all for now... Saludos!! :thumbup:

Gracias por sus palabras chicos del club ... :greenjumpers:

My knowledgeable friends,

Seeing some pictures on the net, I liked the possibility of doing my project with the "gate, coffer, trunk, compartment, sluice gate, ... (I do not know what is the correct name ...:-s)" in an open way and to be able to show off the interior of the ammunition box of the two frontal machine guns.
The only one I have found of the B-25G, is not of good quality:

1.jpg

... I have been looking for some image or diagram that allows me to see what I have to do to improve and detail the appearance of the interior of that place. I found these from a B-25H or J (I think) with excellent resolution ...

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

... and it may be similar to the "roof, walls and floor", but if there is any wiring, pipes or accessories, it would be something interesting to try !! ... \\:D/

These are the instructions, ... to make the nose closed and there would be no point in making the ammunition box.

23.jpg

24.jpg

If you have photographs, diagrams or know any link where we can know about it; ... as always I will be grateful. :notworthy:

Happy Friday for everyone. :occasion5:
:thumbup:
Luis Carlos

Here's some possibly useful info for the H model.

Attachments

• B-25Hnose-1sm.jpg
    B-25Hnose-1sm.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 60 B-25 Mitchell_Page_56-960.jpg
    60 B-25 Mitchell_Page_56-960.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 263
Here's some possibly useful info for the H model.
I thank you, they are very interesting images, ... as you should know, I am doing version B-25G, which only has two machine guns.
I'm still looking for images of the interior, but of the "G"

Greetings and thanks for the support and interest MIflyer

Luis Carlos :thumbup:

I already have the first image that you share with me, but the second one is excellent and it will help us to see how to do it.
Thank you very much, dear Wojtek! :pilotsalute:

I'm done \\:D/!!!,
... now I can work and I'll even make the covers of the back wall to cover the detail that the kit piece brings. We can see that in all the pictures H and G, they have those covers.

Damn Sancer, your really moving along. Well I looked through the rest of my books and really found nothing more on the seats. Below is a drawing from the B-25C and D aircraft manual. Looks like you got the nose under control.
Hope this helps.
Paul

Pages from 01-60GB-1 (25 DEC 43_15 JUL 44).jpg

Thanks Paul for your comments and it is a diagram that can help me, because there are add-ons in the interioor of the B-25, which are the same in all the versions.

As you say, we are moving forward, but definitively it is a joint effort.

Excellent weekend for all.

The progress is relatively little, but the juggling to join the different pieces have taken some time.

For the first time I think I have started to glue together all the possible pieces and go review in detail the correct arrangement of them (I think this will avoid some mishap), then go painting by blocks with airbrush and paint or detail by brush whatever necessary.
In addition to that I have read in some modeling pages on the Internet, from some colleagues in other forums, that with this model and brand, have struggled with the instructions and the assembly of their kits.

Until now I have not encountered anything complicated, and therefore I will be very focused during the process, ... well, that's what I say !!

The assembly of the upper turret ...

21.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

... the ammunition box of the 50 mm machine guns on the front, also ready ...
29.jpg

The 75 mm cannon ...

30.jpg

The arrows indicate the composure of one of the rings that hold the barrel. The plastic is so thin that one of them broke and I repaired it with CA + sodium bicarbonate and I took advantage of it to reinforce the other one. I have seen this as an excellent way to reinforce, unite and secure any light situation.
31.jpg

and finally (for now), the back wall of the cockpit.

32.jpg

33.jpg

See you soon and thanks for your comments ... :thumbup:

Hasta pronto!!

Looking good from my truck Luis. Just curious if your aircraft, being a converted C model would have had a C instrument panel
Hi George, this kit only has one instrument panel. For the same reason I still do not identify which version corresponds.
What I did notice is that the decal on the front panel does not match the way the dials come on the transparent part. It is not something that worries me, because I will rely on the piece of transparent plastic.
Why your question?

I'm not sure but the plane retained the same engines used for the B-25C version. So it is very likely the instrument panel was left too. IMHO the upgrading affected the armamant and the structure of the plane nose mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back