B-58 Hustler....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Proof of an alternate universe?

Convair B-58 early mockup.jpg

B-58 cost three times as much to operate as the B-52. And when SAMs made high altitude penetration untenable, test data showed that if the B-58 switched to low altitude the rougher ride would make it come apart. They phased it out when they phased in the FB-111. I was surprised that they did not make a EB-58 EW version to replace the EB-66. An RB-58 version was planned.

They only built 116 B-58 of all types including the X, Y,TB, and NB versions. Something like 90 of them were part of the test program at one time or another and the actual combat force was 80..

It almost had to be the first aircraft to feature a printer. See item 45 below. Can you see that? "Abort! Abort! We are out of toner!"

B-58A Arrangement10.jpg
B-58A Arrangement11.jpg

They only built 116 B-58 of all types including the X, Y,TB, and NB versions. Something like 90 of them were part of the test program at one time or another and the actual combat force was 80..

It almost had to be the first aircraft to feature a printer. See item 45 below. Can you see that? "Abort! Abort! We are out of toner!"

View attachment 752968View attachment 752969

That's for leaflet missions.

Almost forgot....a friend has YF-16 #2 in his hangar undergoing restoration for display. Here is the lastest posted update on it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7APAnX944g

I flew the F-16.. It was the last Fighter I flew in the USAF.. I absolutely LOVED that airplane.. it is a true thoroughbred with a LOT of capability.. as well as the performance to hurt its pilot.. What a gal she is!

I flew the F-16.. It was the last Fighter I flew in the USAF.. I absolutely LOVED that airplane.. it is a true thoroughbred with a LOT of capability.. as well as the performance to hurt its pilot.. What a gal she is!

The F-16 has certainly grown on me!
Wasn't much of a fan in the beginning to be honest, but now....🥰😍😎

Definitely have taken a liking to the XL and XL-2, probably because they remind me of the SAAB 35 Draken!

IMG_20231221_205512.jpg

IMG_20231221_205554.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back