B25

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The colors look to brown to me, but I am color blind. I failed my flight physical for the Marines. I had to kiss my life as a fighter pilot good bye. The only colors I can see is red and green. The colors may seem brown because of the age of the picture. My diagram shows field drab and olive drab. The field drab that I bought is a brown shade.

DBII

danke. Do I use lots of thinner or spray a light coat?

DBII

I suspect that the colour photograph, like this one, was taken in the USA. The three colour/gloss black scheme was applied by North American not in the USSR so very likely they are nearest equivalent FS paints. In Jery Scutts's book 'North American B-25 Mitchell' it is described as light green/tan/brown.

Attachments

• scan0014.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 126
Another new picture. Thanks guys, I now have pictures of the right and left sides along with most of the top. I should have no trouble painting my B-25. All I have to do now is come up with a couple of cannons.

DBII

Now it makes sense.Good find Antoni.
And I agree with DBII that the colours in the colour pic look too brown.

You may find this picture interesting also. Came from the magazine Flight Journal Special issue. WWII Medium Bombers Fall 2006

Attachments

• soviet B-25.JPG
    soviet B-25.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 113
Thanks for the color shot. I have not work on a model since 1990's, do not expect to much. What is the best way to sand off the seam between the lt and rt halves? I moved 2 years ago and cannot find the spray gun. D@#, now I will have to buy a new one.

DBII

I think ithere is a possibility that the black colour was the same like P-61s were painted (gloss black) or it could be semi-gloss black.

I think yes it will,But if you have any doubts you can always use semi-gloss black and the effect should be the same and it will work with flat colours better.

What is the best way to remove the seam between the two halves?

DBII

If you think about the seam between two halves of fuselage, wings or other details , it is a putty,a glue as a putty ( Superglue for instance),always, sanding with sandpaper and then polishing.These activities you have to do before painting, of course.

North American Aviation Modification Center, Kansas City.

Attachments

• scan0015.jpg
    scan0015.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 101
Also not a fake. The underside of 431162. Shiny, shiny,shiny.

Attachments

• scan0016.jpg
    scan0016.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 119
The other side of 430052.

Attachments

• scan0017.jpg
    scan0017.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back