B25 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RD-10F Turbojet testbed.

Attachments

• scan0018.jpg
    scan0018.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for the pictures. I don't know where you keep finding them. I only had 4 at the house. The turbo jet is a nice touch. I am going with the three color flat and a semi-gloss lower. I am not sure which markings I will go use. I found a couple of pictures where the star was place on either a white or blue or circle for the ferry flight across the US.

DBII

The US Lend-lease WW2 planes used in Russia had the Russian stars overpainted on the US markings very often.It was common that the US ones vere partially visible and the Russian stars seemed to be a bit transparent.Or the paint which was used to remove US markings had a different tonality.If a plane was painted in USA it wasn't occured.So you have to support yours effords towards this by using a pic of the real plane.

BTW Initially you asked for pics of gun stations,didn't you?Could you be more accurate and tell what you need exactly?

Nice bird V2. Is that a C or D model? I have not seen the dorsal turret before.
Wurger, thank you for your help. The Russians added a cannon to the nose and tail on the C and D models. Some of the J models have a cannon in the nose. I was hoping to find a conversion kit to install a cannon in a D and a cannon to add to the nose of my J model.

To be honest I haven't heard about this modification,but in Russia everything is possible.:lol:I've found some pic of standard armament for B/C/D/J versions.But I have to dig deeper.

I never knew about the modification until I read the small fact sheet that came with the decals. The profiles of two of the planes were B-25 DP models that showed a cannon in the tail and one that replaced the flexible .50 cal in the nose. I think that the DP was used by the Russian to show their modifications. I have one book that covers the B-25 in detail including several proposed modification but it does not show the DP model.

The profiles also show that the Russians had added waist gun postions like the G and H models. I do not see how this worked since the top turret had not been moved forward. It must have been a tight fit. I am sure that the waist postions were added because I found a profile in the Squadron B-25 Walk Around book that showed an Australian B-25D with the waist guns modificaions.

I do not have a scanner to post the profiles. If you would like to see the profiles, I can scan them at the college.

DBII

Hi DBII,
THX for the info.:D Sounds good.But are you sure it was 30mm cannon or maybe 20mm one?

I do not have a scanner to post the profiles. If you would like to see the profiles, I can scan them at the college.

DBII

I have had the Suadron book somewhere.I'll check it.If I wouldn't find the book indeed I would appreciate it.:D

BTW.I've found the pic somewhere in Russian sites.Interesting doesn't it?

Attachments

• b-25_1a.jpg
    b-25_1a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 84
I am not sure about the size of the cannon. I am at work. I will check on the size tonight. It is 1509 hrs my time. The size was either 27 or 37 mm.

North American did have plans for a gunship with an additional two .50 cals in a gun pod attached in the forward entry hatch and a second gun pod in the bomb bay with two 37 mm cannons. A proto type was never built.

I also read where they tested a flame thrower located in the bomb bay. They did a test flight with the flame thrower but there was no AAR. I would not want to be the one to tell the pilot about the test flight.

DBII.

That is the best picture, the engine and the uniforms. I also like the men sitting in front of the last plane and guard shack in the back ground. D^%, now I am feeling old. I use to look at pictures and see men. Now I look at them and see kids. LOL. Still, It is a good picture. It would make a good display.

DBII

V2 that is an interesting link. The story is good and I do not remember seeing the pictures before. One picture shows both the white circle around the Red Star and the added waist gun positions to the D models. I cannot tell the weapon type in the tail but is looks like the same gunner station as on the G model instead of the modified C/D tail. Thank you.

DBII

B-25DP was the designation applied by the Soviets to the B-25-30, P standing for perekhodniye - intermediate. These were no longer fitted with the retractable ventral turret.

The Museum B25 is a B-25C. It never saw combat. It made an emergency landing on the AL/SIB route and was stored at Tiaga.

I read a little last night. The Russians added a 37 mm cannon on some of the planes. The Kansas City factory started adding the waist gun positions to the later blocks of the D models and installed the first tail gun postions with a single .50 cal. The waist guns were not used on the G models but were picked up again on the H after the turret was moved forward.

DBII

I cannot believe that there is no bomb site with this model. The kit comes with the ammo trays for the four fixed .50 cals in the nose but not the flexible .50 cal. Luckily I am only using 2 of the fixed and can to use the extra parts. They are going to make me crazy.

DBII

Hi, I found a few pics more... ( B-25 in Yakutsk, 1944 )

Attachments

• batja1.jpg
    batja1.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 86
  • untitled-104.jpg
    untitled-104.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back