Banned -- The Hall of Shame (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
I'm like to see a permanent thread comprised of the most surly, stupid and indignant members that were banned. It's fun reading the posts of those that were banished. The dead speak!

It's a great learning tool.

A limbo for banished souls and their most offensive posts.

I may end up there someday myself... it's a crack at ignorance immortality.

The easiest way to find what caused a poster to get banned is to look at the profile of the banned user and do a show posts from this user. It will be within that first page of hits, I am sure....

Yes.. I have done this but for entertainment and educational purposes, I'd like to see the biggest whiners and most beligerant posts in one dark "box".

I'm like to see a permanent thread comprised of the most surly, stupid and indignant members that were banned. It's fun reading the posts of those that were banished. The dead speak!

It's a great learning tool.

A limbo for banished souls and their most offensive posts.

I may end up there someday myself... it's a crack at ignorance immortality.

I asked if perhaps we could do this very thing to Chris but he thought most Mods would not go for it. I think it would funny as hell. Seems Joe and Eric are not totally against the idea.....and Mods think it would be a bad idea?

I'm not sure we need to dredge this up, actually. Keep in mind that many times, warnings were issued publicly and privately in PMs. Some of those PMs got downright hostile. I think it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Ya know, there's a side of me that would consider it but for the sake of "forum professionalism" I think we should pass.

But I still had a great laugh thinking about this - Comiso, you had me rolling!

Exactly this is not something that needs to be brought back up. Yeah it would be funny, but I can see the problems that would start up again by and I also dont think it is good neticate.

Well, it was just a thought. A bone yard of banished souls would bring closure. Now, it's almost like the unidentified member on a Star Trek Away Team. Here one day and gone the next, vaporized by the click of a everwatchful Mod.

I understand your reluctance.

Thanks for listening.

Closure? Bah, it really does take some doing to get banned around here. Obviously, disparaging anyone's military service is a quick way to the door. Other than that, you have to be a pretty major tool to get the boot.

Closure? Bah, it really does take some doing to get banned around here. Obviously, disparaging anyone's military service is a quick way to the door. Other than that, you have to be a pretty major tool to get the boot.

I was being sarcastic about the "closure". Lost in typeing translation

Hmmmm, not sure about that. Guess it depends on what site you are comparing this site to.

I'm not comparing this to any other site. The staff here are pretty laid back and give plenty of warning when people start getting to the point they get on the watch list. Remember, you were once on our watch list, Hunter. But you settled in and everything is cool.

Remember, you were once on our watch list, Hunter. But you settled in and everything is cool.

Ahhhh, I was on your watch list? I feel so "special" now. I wish I knew then that I warranted to be on a list. :lol:

Not saying you said this, but I never was warned by any Mods ever. 8)

I am still a little surprised I was not banned or at least warned for my part in a long heated arguement between me vs Dan, Joe and Chris. I see people now banned for far less than what I was saying. Not that I am complaining about that just making a observation IMO.

Long heated debates are watched closely. While I don't remember all the details of that, I do recall that while the debate was heated at times, you stayed fairly respectful. And one thing I give you alot of credit for is that when thing s got heated, I don't recall you resorting to name calling or cheap shots. Also, nothing will annoy us worse than when someone gets a warning from a mod, and they try to go to another mod. I have not seen a mod unfairly target anyone. We do have our own styles and some are a little more stern than others.

Long heated debates are watched closely. While I don't remember all the details of that, I do recall that while the debate was heated at times, you stayed fairly respectful. And one thing I give you alot of credit for is that when thing s got heated, I don't recall you resorting to name calling or cheap shots. Also, nothing will annoy us worse than when someone gets a warning from a mod, and they try to go to another mod. I have not seen a mod unfairly target anyone. We do have our own styles and some are a little more stern than others.

That I agree with 100%.

I don't ever recall name calling on any of several forums I belong to. Name calling (I believe) just proves to me that you cannot articulate your words to prove me wrong or prove yourself right so a person resorts to childish name calling.

Yes my arguement (which some parts I still believe to be right :lol: ), was long drawn out affair with Dan, Joe and Chris but I always refrained from name calling and was always respectful to the US military. I did and still have a beef at times with US foreign policy. Not that I agree with Canadian foreign policy 100% of the time either, at times we lack balls as a country. Its a fine line to walk, bully or wimp. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back