Baracca's Stallion Color guide needed :D

Discussion in 'Questions on Kits, Decals, Tools and Pilots' started by Rogi, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Rogi

Rogi Active Member

So I was taking a look at some of the Blue Rider WW1 Decals I purchased today and I noticed something interesting, they specificly note that some of the decals that are usually applied in black (Baccara's prancing Stallion, Calabria's skull) are in fact red, red meaning the pilot is alive and flying and black being he is dead and as a toast to his career etc.

There amazing decals, but I don't want to make the Italian Stallion's (the first Italian Stallion :D) mount just to figure out I got the Color wrong on it. Do any Italians know of the markings on the WW1 Nieuports ? :D Non Italians knowing this info. can help out too :D

2. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    #2 Wurger, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    Humm.. Callabria's skull... I don't think it was of red. Contrary to the balck colour the red one looks much lighter and "queasily" rater in B&W pictures. The one in the image below looks different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rogi

Rogi Active Member

#3 Rogi, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    every time I hit edit it ends up making a new post *annoyed*

4. Rogi

Rogi Active Member

5. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    Yep... it could have been. But it looks like a kind of an advert rather.

Here you are a shot of his Spad fighter with the emblem. At glance it seems the colour of the "horse" is the same that was used for the side roundel. So the question is , what colours were used for the roundel, red/white/green or red/white/red or maybe other set of paints? I do think none of these. It is a matter of light conditions or a kind of a negative used for the picture. Please, look at the second one. There was more sunlight and colours of the side roundel look different, especially comparing to the emblem that seems to be black with red wings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]