Battle of Midway

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fine;

Burmans, Chins, Kachins, Shans, Mons, Nagas, Karens, English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians, South Africans, Hausas, Yorubas, Ibos, Kanjarga, Dagartis, Ashantis, Mandis, Timinis, Mandingos, Nyasas, Yaos, Manyamwezis, Manyemas, Akambas, Nandis, Kavirondo, Bagand, Achole, Somalis, Awamb, Angoni, Rajputs, Dogras, Sikhs, Jats, Punjabis, Garwhalis, Biharis, Ahirs, Amirs, Chamars, Rawats, Minas, Mahars, Coorgs, Assamese, Adibasis, Kumaonis, Pathans, Brahuis, Mers, Tamils, Telegus, Paraiyahs, Brahmans, Hindustani Mussulmans, Punjabi Mussulmans, Madrassi Mussulmans, Nepalese and finally, Americans.

and the Mexicans … and speaking of the Philippines there's Aeta, Agta, Ayta, Ata, Abiyan, Aplais, Ati, B'laan, Badjao, Batak, Bicolano, Bontoc, Buranun, Cebuano, Gaddang, Hiligaynon, Ibaloi, Ifugao, Igorot, Ilocano, Itawe, Ivatan, Kallahan, Kankana-ey, Kiniray-a, Lumad, Mamanua, Maguindanao, Mandayas, Manobo, Maranao, Negrito, Sama, Sambal, Subanen,T'boli, Tagalog, Tasaday, Tausug, Tinguiane, and Waray-Waray.

plan_D said:
He told me to list 'em. 8)

yeah i did.

does it make you feel better now.i said i was interested to hear your list not make a bloody political issue out of a list not being long enough.

its good to see you know your stuff.

We've reached the anniversary again. At 4:30 a.m. local time, aircraft were first launched from carriers Akagi and Kaga and cruisers Tone, Chikuma and Haruna. The 108 fighters and bombers were spotted while still 150 miles from Midway by a U.S. seaplane which quickly turned and got to the island just ahead of them, firing a rocket to alert the American fighters. I have to wonder, surely the plane used radio, too. Maybe the radio failed during the flight. I can't see sending up a scout plane without a radio.

Interesting avatar you've got there, Primus.

A couple of months ago, I started a thread about a new account of the Battle of Midway.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/ww...le-midway-4045.html?highlight=shattered+sword

Lots of myths exist about the battle. Reddragon, I havent heard of yours, as Midway had plenty of time to prepare for the air raid, including scrambling its fighters. At 5:44AM, A PBY spotted the incoming planes at (pilot was Lt William Chase). this was promptly transmitted and received by Midway. By 0600, Middways own radar had picked up the incoming raid.

While the victory at Midway was indeed a decisive win for the allies, it wasnt the turning point in the war. Instead it was "the end of the beginning", just like El Alamein.

Later today, I will post some more info about this battle.

Attachments

• SBD and F4F and TBM taxi Chino 2005.jpg
    SBD and F4F and TBM taxi Chino 2005.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 74
  • SBD taxi #1.jpg
    SBD taxi #1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 74
  • SBD Taxi #2.jpg
    SBD Taxi #2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 70
  • TBF taxi 1.jpg
    TBF taxi 1.jpg