Beauty Lies In The Eye Of The Beholder....

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
54,805
40,179
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
In my castle....
....or so they say!

IMG_20250729_130712.jpg


IMG_20250729_130747.jpg


IMG_20250729_131100.jpg


IMG_20250729_131210.jpg


IMG_20250729_131452.jpg


IMG_20250729_131528.jpg


IMG_20250729_131645.jpg


IMG_20250729_131844.jpg


IMG_20250729_131957.jpg


IMG_20250729_132132.jpg


IMG_20250729_132316.jpg


IMG_20250729_132540.jpg


IMG_20250729_132718.jpg


IMG_20250729_133255.jpg


IMG_20250729_133405.jpg


IMG_20250729_133439.jpg


IMG_20250729_133910.jpg
 
Early Caravelles used the basic Comet cockpit architecture; there's a nice comparison above between the Comet and early (Swissair) and late (Finnair) Caravelles.

Also in most cases the early versions of any aircraft type are better-looking than the later. But in the Connie's case, they got better with the thimble radar nose installation and saved the best til last - the L.1649, though there isn't much better-looking than a thimble-nose L.749.

And doesn't the Stratocruiser just look perfect with round windows?
 
And doesn't the Stratocruiser just look perfect with round windows?
I am just used to the Rectangular windows like shown on the Northwest Orient Version Pictured, but I do like the looks of the round passenger windows on the Pan Am and BOAC versions pictured.

I do remember flying on a US carriers Caravelle as a teenager in the 1970's, I remember the off triagular passenger windows, And I asked the crew what engines it used, and was surprised to learn they were PW JT8D's. I wish I could remember what Airline operated them.

Using Google it must have been United Airlines, but I just can't say for sure.
 
Last edited:
Oh and the VC-10 is, and always will be, Queen of the Skies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back