Been Busy again

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But that was Dad. Just another Aussie Serving his Country. And we miss him. Just as we miss Mum equally

Last edited:
It sounds like your dad was a real character and I would have liked him! When was he at Changi - my dad was at RAF Seletar from 63 to 65..... You are doing him great honour so keep doing it!:)

I wish I could tell you Oggie. I am going of memory. Dad served in various Bases at any given time. Malaysia and Singapore being part of SEATO at the time was part of Australian Deployment and postings. What he was doing in Changi I can only guess as was part of his duties. If I could get hold of his RAAF Records I maybe abled to tell you. I have his Army Records that was easy. But its harder to get his RAAF Records at this moment. And even that would just be basic. Like his Posting to Ubon I have no idea why he was in Thailand or Vietnam. Just part of his Mustering in the RAAF. As you being an RAF Brat like me being a RAAF Brat. It was just part of living with the Military and a serving family member. One week you are at home with the family some time later you are going overseas or posted interstate or another part of the country. For Dad it was sometimes we as a family went with him other times we didn't

I do have a Black and White Photo of Dad receiving his Long Service and Good Conduct Medal in early 1972 from Wing Commander Plowright. Who was chief surgeon for 4 RAAF Hospital Butterworth. All Dad said of it was that the Army had a long memory and his G&C Medal was a few years late. After my father had passed away I got hold of Dad's Army Records and found for myself what Dad was referring to. He played up some what in Eygpt during WW2. Nothing serious mind you but a few black marks you might say as far as Army Discipline goes. Of course Oggie none of this Dad really told us about when he was alive. But when I read his Army Records after my father had passed away. I thought you rotten old devil. So this is what you meant about the Army having a long memory

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back