Beer....🍻

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1000001226.jpg

The most expensive six pack I've ever bought.
I had the winning bid at our kid's school gala.
 
Beer!

In my professional Military drinking life that covered all the continents that brew beer*, we generally tried many of the local beers and food to enjoy the varied pleasures that are to be found in different regions, brewing styles and cuisines! Without exception, there are great brews to be enjoyed everywhere. Sometimes, brews can be a little challenging, but I have never found a decent brew that isn't worth trying!
Sometimes here in the UK, you find the unpressurised, cellar temperature, hand drawn local beers in wood casks of old. They can be an excellent drink.
Cheers!

Eng

*I have not worked in or visited Antarctica so that is the only continent that I have not drunk beer in. I am not aware of any official beer that is produced there, but I suspect some of the
workers there will have brewed some. It would be interesting if any have been produced from local grown plants. However, I suspect that you would need to go North to warmer islands outside the Antarctic before you could grow the ingredients to brew. I wonder where the most southerly sourced brews come from?
 
Germany has a great range of food and beer!
Try
  • A recipe for Schwäbische Maultaschen (German Meat and Spinach Dumplings)! This incredibly versatile Swabian stuffed pasta is filled with a savory mixture of meat and spinach.
    erman-Pork-and-Spinach-Dumplings-13-of-13-1024x683.jpg



    These large meat and spinach filled dumplings come from Schwaben (Swabia) in eastern Baden-Württemberg and parts of western Bavaria.
  • With,
  • schwaben.JPG
    Cheers


Eng
 
You can get it here at all the grocery stores where I live

Yeah, we can get it here too at certain spots, including our major grocery store chain. Hill Country has a healthy German beer culture, with towns like Speotzl, New Braunfels, and so on giving insight into our heavy German influences. You know the accordion you hear in tejano and other Mexican folk musics? That's from Hill Country Germans too. Admiral Nimitz grew up in Fredericksburg, about 30 miles from here. We're proud of our German heritage.

Aside from Paulaner, we get stuff like Warsteiner, Bitburger, Tucher and others at our liquor stores. I just haven't bought some Paulaner in a long while.
 
Germany has a great range of food and beer!
Try
  • A recipe for Schwäbische Maultaschen (German Meat and Spinach Dumplings)! This incredibly versatile Swabian stuffed pasta is filled with a savory mixture of meat and spinach.
    View attachment 873552


    These large meat and spinach filled dumplings come from Schwaben (Swabia) in eastern Baden-Württemberg and parts of western Bavaria.
  • With,
  • View attachment 873551Cheers


Eng

Hmmm Maultaschen. Its a regional specialty from the area I am from. We eat it regularly in our house, either in broth or fried with egg.

IMG_8157.jpegIMG_8153.jpeg
 
Yes,
We used to eat these as a celebration meal when I was working with my late great friend Sigi Knoll on his Bf 109 Red 7 and the DB 605 engine in Southern Germany. He was a Swabian
and he also got us to drink that Swabian Black Beer!
Great Days!

Eng
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back