Beerfest (the movie)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

some stills from the movie.

Attachments

• 0510r.jpg
    0510r.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 371
  • 733.jpg
    733.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 2904r.jpg
    2904r.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 4663r.jpg
    4663r.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 5295.jpg
    5295.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 7569.jpg
    7569.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 157
Ya know I'm going to have to differ on the comments for this movie..I thought some parts were funny but the entire movie not...or maybe I need to see it again without the wife of German descent and an SS grandfather...She didn't take too kindly to the stereo typing and kinda dragged me down thru it... Geuss this means I'll have to watch it while she is out of town..

I mother is German, my father was a Major in the Wehrmacht and my wife is German and her family served in the German armed forces in WW2. Hell we live in Germany now.

We both thought the movie was hillarious. The stereotypes are all wrong for all the countries represented but that is what makes it funny. The whole movie stereotypes Germans, American and British and several other countries as well.

You have to take it with a grain of salt and just laugh. I am really glad I bought the movie.

going to rent it today,I'm stuck home with strep throat and she's in Nebraska...A little off the subject but whats a good source for SS officers insignia/uniforms?:?: . Her grandfather was really in the SS. I have one picture and I can clearly see the death heads insignia on his officers hat, would like to know rank etc. Supposedly he was up in Holland/Norway...

Ok will do, Probably wont happen till this weekend when I bring the wife back home from a medical emergency..Thanks....

Great movie no matter what the other people say. Now the only thing I want to do is to go to Germany and see if those nice folks can out drink us drunk @ss beer drinking son a b*tches here in South Africa. LOL

I wonder if the German beer taste the same as our beer, Adler how much Alchohol per 340ml does your beer have?

What was everyones favorite scene?

For me, it was when "Fink" got angry with the Germans and had a gleam in his eye that was the "Star of David".

:lol:

Great movie no matter what the other people say. Now the only thing I want to do is to go to Germany and see if those nice folks can out drink us drunk @ss beer drinking son a b*tches here in South Africa. LOL

I wonder if the German beer taste the same as our beer, Adler how much Alchohol per 340ml does your beer have?

German beer ranges from aprox 6% to 11% on average and some beers (including the worlds strongest beer since last year) are as high as 25% over here.

Oh and I know Germans can outdrink the average South African. As a matter of fact most Europeans as a whole can especially the Czech, Irish and Germans.

South Africa actually ranks really low on the Beer Drinkers Statistics. You guys reall dont drink that much!

Here ist he top 35 with number of liters of beer consumed by avg person per year.

1 Czech Republic 156.9
2 Ireland 131.1
3 Germany 115.8
4 Australia 109.9
5 Austria 108.3
6 United Kingdom 99.0
7 Belgium 93.0
8 Denmark 89.9
9 Finland 85.0
10 Luxembourg 84.4

11 Slovakia 84.1
12 Spain 83.8
13 United States 81.6
14 Croatia 81.2
15 Netherlands 79.0
16 New Zealand 77.0
17 Hungary 75.3
18 Poland 69.1
19 Canada 68.3
20 Portugal 59.6
21 Bulgaria 59.5
22 South Africa 59.2
23 Russia 58.9
24 Venezuela 58.6
25 Romania 58.2
26 Cyprus 58.1
27 Switzerland 57.3
28 Gabon 55.8
29 Norway 55.5
30 Mexico 51.8
31 Sweden 51.5
32 Japan 51.3
33 Brazil 47.6
34 South Korea 38.5
35 Colombia 36.8

You see the South Africans are only on number 22 in the list.

Do not worry I am on my way to the bar we can not settle fot 22.

LOL, yeah, wel that is avg person, we drink that in a month. Yes, beer consumption are not high here in SA, but oh my goodness all the other stuff they sure as hell drink. The Black people here drink a lot of beer, but they can not drink mutch at a time.

The beer here is not that great except for Windhoek Lager. Our beer have 4% to 5.5% per 340ml.

Still love do go and have a few beers in Germany.

The scene where they tried to make the one brother drunk to remember where the secret place where and he did not get drunk when he drank the beer, but when they gave him the pure alchohol he got wasted.

I know Adler I just made a joke. I am not one of those people you would find walking home swinging, oh now I would rather drink so much at home or leave the bar before it gets so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back